MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/10/2010 08:41 PM

Biggest Loser Contest...GET IN THE GAME TODAY!

ohfaithful

Dear Fellow Team Member…

I'm writing to you today to ask you to please join us for the Biggest Loser Contest this coming Monday…today! Losing weight is the most difficult thing that most of us can do. It's difficult because it requires changing our way of thinking…changing our eating habits…changing what we think and feel about ourselves and our bodies (for most of us)…changing our perception about how our existing lifestyles our impacting our health and our lives…and changing our cooking habits…to name a few!

I'm here to tell you that you are worth it! I'm here to tell you that it's time to put yourself first because your health and well being are what is MOST IMPORTANT! It's time to become selfish about YOU because as someone else said so profoundly…”you deserve it!”

I know that most of us on these boards suffer from some type of illness and while I can't guarantee that the illness will be cured by losing weight or changing your eating habits (although a PROPER DIET OF MOSTLY VEGETABLES AND FRUITS WITH SMALLER AMOUNTS OF PROTEIN AND GOOD FATS WILL REVERSE DISEASE)…what I can tell you is that you WILL FEEL BETTER about yourself…YOU WILL HAVE MORE ENERGY…YOU WILL BECOME HAPPIER…YOU WILL LOOK BETTER IN YOUR CLOTHES….YOU WILL THANK YOURSELF FOR BEGINNING THE JOURNEY AND YOUR BODY WILL THANK YOU TOO!!! I CAN HONESTLY PROMISE YOU THAT IF YOU EAT THE RIGHT FOODS WITH THE RIGHT PORTIONS THAT YOUR STOMACH WILL SHRINK AND THAT SURGERY THAT WE THOUGHT WE NEEDED WILL NO LONGER BE NECESSARY!!!! I can also promise you that WE WILL BE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU ALONG THE WAY!Kissing

We spend so much time worrying about what other people think…how we look compared to the next person…but what if suddenly we didn't have to worry about what other people thought anymore…what if suddenly our clothes fit and we no longer had to worry about size….what if suddenly we could shop in a REGULAR STORE…what if suddenly things that used to be overwhelming become much easier…what if suddenly your blood pressure stabilizes…what if suddenly you need less insulin…what if suddenly your anxiety disappears...what if suddenly YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN LIFE AGAIN??? Well those things are all quite possible…but it won't happen just peeking your head in from time to time…we have to get in the game…we have to take our health seriously…we have to eat consciously…and we have to get ourselves up and moving…even if it is just walking in front of our favorite television show or rebounding or walking up and down the stairs a few times…it's a start! Exercise supplies much needed oxygen to the body…without oxygen we die…exercise increases blood flow…exercise is just as important as our eating habits!

The rules of the game are as follows (If anyone has any suggestions or concerns...please feel free to let me know and I would be happy to modify things). [b]SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE THE ITEMS AND FILL IN THE ANSWER!:Kissing

1. Weigh in every Monday…posting your WEIGHT AND MEASUREMENTS so that you are accountable to yourself and everyone else on the boards...we can't change what we DON'T ACKNOWLEDGE!

If you don't have ACCESS to a scale with the proper settings...please FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR MEASUREMENTS ALONE:

Neck:

Upper arms:

Wrist:

Hips:

Waist (ACROSS NAVEL):

Bust:

Upper Thigh:

Calf:

KEEP POSTING THOSE to stay motivated UNTIL YOU GET AN ACCURATE READING AT THE DOCTORS OFFICE OR GYM!

We're here to help AND GUESS WHAT...IT'S FREE!!!

P.S. I thought we could ALSO post the following:

Target Weight:

Biggest Challenge:

Favorite Food:

First Goal Target Weight:

NONFOOD INCENTIVE that YOU WILL GIVE YOURSELF for reaching YOUR FIRST GOAL TARGET WEIGHT:

2. Exercise…even if it is just walking in front of the television!

3. Post one good thing each day to help you refocus and not get so bogged down on the BIG PICTURE so that others can get ideas that just may help them!

4. DON'T GIVE UP OR QUIT…instead ASK FOR HELP!!! You don't have to post it on the boards but please PM someone in the group so that WE CAN HELP!!!

5. Please do not post any extreme dieting techniques because our focus here is on improving our health by improving our eating habits.

[/b]

I know it's difficult…I know it's challenging…I know that it can seem impossible most days…but I'm here to tell you that it is possible! I've been where you are and I'm here to tell you that YOU CAN DO IT! Please stop wasting time and let's get in the game today…NOW IS THE TIME!

READY…SET…CHANGE!!!

Faith Wink beautiful4

Post edited by: ohfaithful, at: 10/10/2010 10:02 PM

Post edited by: ohfaithful, at: 10/12/2010 10:08 AM

10/10/2010 09:46 PM
ohfaithful

I'll begin the process...

Start Weight: 250 this year...almost 300 three years ago!

Current Weight: 170

Measurements: Will include them later...

Target Weight: 140

Biggest Challenge: Exercise

Favorite Food: Pasta

First Goal Target Weight: 160

NONFOOD INCENTIVE that YOU WILL GIVE YOURSELF for reaching YOUR FIRST GOAL TARGET WEIGHT: Massage

NEXT PERSON...Shocked

Faith Wink

Post edited by: ohfaithful, at: 10/10/2010 09:47 PM

Post edited by: ohfaithful, at: 10/10/2010 10:04 PM

10/11/2010 04:43 AM
scotty04901
scotty04901  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Barb now down to 286

10/11/2010 07:21 AM
vickiem1124
vickiem1124  
VIP Member

I can't first of all I don't have aceess all the time to the net second I am not actively trying to loose

10/11/2010 09:24 AM
ohfaithful

Hey Scotty! Can you please post Barb's measurements...that way if someone else is trying to lose who cannot get access to a scale right now...measurements will be the key decision maker for a while...and measurements may determine the winner!

Vickie...It's up to you but this could be fun and whether you're actively trying to lose or not...just by implementing some of the things that others post...you may lose so it could be a win-win situation for you!

Please post when you can...MISS YOU...AND NICE TO SEE AND HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN!!!

Faith Wink

10/11/2010 09:46 AM
scotty04901
scotty04901  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'll see if she will give them

10/11/2010 10:27 AM
kathyparker

hi this is kathy

my weight this morning was

10/11/2010 10:36 AM
scotty04901
scotty04901  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

How tall are you

10/11/2010 10:41 AM
kathyparker

Iam 5'9

10/12/2010 06:55 AM
butterfly09576
butterfly09576  

weight today: 245 (heaviest was 252)

target: 199 (i would like to at least hit under 200)

my biggest challenge is getting motivated to exercise and portion control, but i think after work i am going to take a walk. it is nice out here today, and there wont be good weather here for much longer.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved