MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/24/2012 01:24 PM

April Thread(page 15)

rawraider

Group Leader

Well old habits die hard, as you can see from my post! I had another treat and that is it! I am going back to no treats for at least a week just to retrain my palate bc I feel this begginning to sound like old news. I think I will try to avoid nuts for a few days as well. I am sure if i do this, I will be back on track. Still a struggle to eat at the table though!

04/25/2012 03:11 AM
rawraider

Group Leader

Last night no NES. I did not gain thank goodness, and I am ready to tackle my bad eating habits with focus and confidence today. The fact that I am home all day both today and yest actually makes it harder to do a good job. I am just gonna try to clean!

Everyone has the flu now(cept me. I feel a bit eh, but not like everyone else). So it should be a fun day. Sad

Post edited by: rawraider, at: 04/25/2012 03:12 AM

04/25/2012 07:15 AM
ripa

Ok another bad night. I cannot stay in bed, and its getting ridiculous!

Instead of the low-carb, low sugar thing, I think I need to start front loading even more to the point that I cut out my night time snack before bed altogether.

Rawriader you said you find that cutting off food before bed helps with the sleep? Im at a point where I think I am trying so many things that aren't working but avoiding the "getting rid of snack", because its one of my most enjoyed foods of the day.

Either way it has to stop. I dont want to feel like Im dieting- counting carbs, etc.... that's not what Im suffering with. For the most part, I eat healthily. Even o/n lately I havent been into the sugary stuff- its been cheese, meat, milk... so my palate's changed a bit, but my habit clearly has not Sad

We are almost at a new month, and I want to get back on track BEFORE it starts

04/25/2012 07:53 AM
MsAshley2010
MsAshley2010Posts: 1197

Well, the night before last wasn't amazing... better than the night before but still around 400-450 calories. Last night, thankfully, was about half of that!!! I woke up twice and the first time I drank the tea (thank you Denise =] ) and the second time I ate a toddler bowl of cereal and some PB2. Smile big improvement. I didn't eat last night before bed and I think that helped a lot. I am determined to do even better tonight cause I know that I can. It's nice to be improving!

Ripa, maybe it's not a bad idea to shift the calories to earlier in the day and cut out the night time snack before bed, especially if you don't need it, you know?

04/25/2012 09:07 AM
ripa

Ya but Ill have to convince myself im not hungry.... so that's what I will work on... now I feel like I need to find this tea lol!!!

I think my days on bananas and cheese are over- need to find something else....

04/25/2012 09:58 AM
MsAshley2010

The tea really is good!! I think night time snacks are a habit that should be broken unless they are veggies or something low in carbs. Maybe nuts instead but further away from bed time? If I go to bed full I am bound to have an awful night. I have noticed that pattern. The tea is super delicious! It feels like such a treat and i drink it twice a day now. Btw rawraider, I tried the fage yogurt and its pretty good. A lot less tangy and bitter than the other kind but a little more bland. That will make it versatile though Smile

04/25/2012 03:27 PM
ripa

ya youre right. I need to at least not make it so high in carbs or give into the cravings I get pre bedtime because they probably just continue overnight. I usually have the MOST carbs for the whole day at that time so that has to change

04/25/2012 04:26 PM
rawraider

Group Leader

the Fage is not bland with cinnamon, vanilla, nuts, stevia, and fruit! (oh and sometimes choc chips).

Ripa, you SO need the tea. It is half the reason I am where I am right now. That and going to bed without being super full, weighing in regularly, trying to limit sugar and treats, and also carbs. Those are my tips. The tea is the best . It is such a treat!

Ash I am glad your night was better. Oh and the yogurt is good with the PB2 mixed in as well! I think I am gonna stick with reg pb. It seems like I overeat the pb2 just as much!

I am dissappointed in myself so far this week because I have not followed my meal plans and my cals have been slightly high. I am not too upset, I jsut need to gget the determination to make tomorrow better and the best day thus far! I need to be my own cheerleader-go me!!!!

04/26/2012 02:03 AM
rawraider

Group Leader

No NES last night, but really overate nuts yest. Gained a half pound. I am recommiting to my weight loss goal. I have been letting loose and i dont like this lapse in progress. Hoping to follow my meal plan today. It will make things much better on the scale.

How did you guys do?

04/26/2012 05:59 AM
MsAshley2010

Well, good news and bad news, lol.

Bad news is: I ate cereal last night.

Good news is: The only way I knew this was because of the bowl beside me in the bed. And the reason this is good news is because (usually) when I have no recollection of eating at night, I have the lowest calorie nights having slept more soundly, and hopefully this means I am leading up to more zero calorie nights.

It's weird, I have been eating a lot during the day, but maybe it isn't such a terrible thing. Yesterday, I had some nuts before bed and it was super satisfying! I had an early dinner and took all my vitamins at dinner. I've also been taking a chlorella supplement for detoxification. My body feels wonderful this morning. I'm gonna work out and go have a big breakfast.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 15 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved