MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/20/2012 01:12 AM

FEBRUARY THREAD(page 10)

rawraider

Group Leader

I weigh 112 now, but I think I look best around 107-8. I have really tiny bone structure so it is akin to being short when carrying extra weight. I have been eating less carbs and eliminated the bad ones, and added nuts. Nuts are often a problem food for me, so I am a bit nervous. But still, they are certainly better than cake!

I would think being 5 ft would really complicate weight loss. YOu should pat yourself on the back for all your hard work, and maybe allow for a splurge now and then since you seem so in control.

Ashley, just give yourself the wonderful, sound advice you give everyone here on a daily basis and things will be looking up!

No NES again! It was not hard last night bc I was pretty full at bedtime.

02/21/2012 01:48 AM
rawraider

Group Leader

Good night again last night. I hope to make this a habit for life!!!!!!

How has everyone else been? I miss you guys.

02/21/2012 05:28 AM
MsAshley2010
MsAshley2010Posts: 1156

I'm so happy for you rawraider!! Last night was a bowl of cereal for me, just looking to end this. You are giving me hope that I can do this, rawraider....

02/21/2012 08:23 AM
rawraider

Group Leader

i am amazed myself. i am scared it may just be another streak but i sure hope not.i want to be happy and in the drivers seat for once! You shoudl def read your NES book. It helps you realize ALOT! And have a flavorful, no calorie substitute for food at night. Leaving out the sweet tea has helped so much!

02/21/2012 09:25 AM
ripa

Hey everyone. Rough weekend- between 500 - 700 cals each night. THank god the stress from my exam is gone (wrote it this morning). I want to burn all my books and notes - I totally need a break. Last night I had an awful sleep- waking up about 3-4 times. Maybe it was the exam. Anyways, I need to implement the NES manual again.

Weighed in on Friday and wasn't even down a full pound Sad I have so far to go still but its clearly obvious why - my NES has been crazy.

02/21/2012 05:57 PM
rawraider

Group Leader

That stinks. Maybe now tht things have settled you can regain focus on putting an end to the NES.

02/21/2012 07:42 PM
CarolJune
CarolJune  

Rawrider, doing so well, bravo! Ripa, tests are stressful, give yourself a break and Ash emotionally divorce, cereal isn't nothing compared to what you came from. What book are you talking about? I have an NES book, left it in NY and I'm wondering if we are talking about the same book? Is anyone taking Topamax? I take it, I really don't think it helps but I still take it maybe for fear I might be worse. I went to an OA meeting last night in Texas, I guess trying to get a hold of myself. I found out (but sort of knew) that my adult son is on oxycotton. Don't know what to do about it? I want to have a little talk with him but don't want him to know that his wife told me, I knew he was on vicodin. So he just switched drugs. So frustrating and he has a family so my NES has really been in full force here. Going to the gym to counter-act the food,but feeling so helpless and sad for him, family. AWFUL!!!!! Sad

02/22/2012 02:31 AM
rawraider

Group Leader

Carol June, Heroin is the next step from oxys so I would approach him if I were you! My sister was hooked on oxys and went to heroin bc she lost her 'scrip and heroin is cheaper. now I have her child and she is in a sober living apt. Dont wait until it is too late!

No NES again last night. I have been overeating the past 2 days on nuts which made me go back up a pound. I am glad I am tracking so I know what causes my weight gain and I can stop it before it gets too over the top!

I wish I coudl find an OA meeting. I feel alone in my binge problems. It makes me feel like a freak. Thank goodness for you guys.

02/22/2012 04:49 AM
ripa

Rawraider congrats pls give me some of that strength!! I had an awful night despite my stress supposed to have subsided. I will admit I havent focused properly on NES. I missed the gym this morning to make it worse. So I have woken up early, put on some makeup just to feel better today and got out my NES book. I will re-read it tonight. I just need that motivation kick again!! I need to stay in my bedroom. Theres been a banana sitting there for like 3 days and Ive left it everytime. Its so frustrating. NES just puts me in a horrible place mentally because I feel like im in a horrible place physically!

02/22/2012 06:14 AM
MsAshley2010
MsAshley2010Posts: 1156

Last night was some peanut butter crackers and half of a pop tart. Woke up hungry still and I'm going to get a workout in now that my leg is feeling better. Carol June, I'm sorry to hear about your son. One of my old coworkers was struggling to get off of heroin and oxy's. She wasn't really shy about saying that she USED to be a drug addict, and that she's been clean for years except for weed. Well, I started noticing that she was going to the bathroom for a really really long time. And her "track marks" were really red. I really really liked the girl but she often drove the clients around and she administered their medication, so I had to report her and she was let go. . . I feel bad. She had a son, and I know times are hard and I never wish for anyone to lose their job, but that could have been really dangerous for our clients. She sent me a message recently telling me that she's been clean for 82 days and they might let her come back. i hope for her sons sake that she stays that way. Sad Drugs are a terrible thing... seems like it takes control of people to where that is all that they care about, getting another high.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 10 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved