MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/03/2011 05:04 PM

How did it go today with the October goals?

rawraider

Group Leader

Well I will use this thread to keep me accountable as my day was still far from perfect.

I ended up eating in the kitchen instead of the dining room and then going back for seconds at dinner. Tomorrow is a new day and i hope to get better and better at stopping these bad eating habits this month! Wow how freeing that will be!

So tomorrow will continue on trying, and also try to eliminate the peanut butter for this week. Its enough already!

How did everyone else fair?Dizzy

10/03/2011 06:04 PM
MsAshley2010
MsAshley2010Posts: 1156

Ish, lol. My bowl of cereal probably equated to about 300 calories. 100 more than what I would like.

10/04/2011 05:13 AM
rawraider

Group Leader

Well, at least it was not a 500 calorie bowl! If you work out today for an hour, more than likely you will burn them off.

10/04/2011 06:24 AM
MsAshley2010

Oh yes, I am sure I burned it off very quickly, lol. I always workout to insanity videos 6 days a week. They are amazing and have you sweating and jumping around the whole time. They vary from 40-60 minutes depending on what video you use, but even the short ones are very high intensity. I <3 them. I would rather work out at a higher intensity for a shorter period of time unless I am running, which I absolutely love. (But it's easier to do workout videos since I have a three year old.) I love these videos because it is easy for me to become bored of doing the same thing over and over, and these have a variety to choose from and I couldn't be bored if I tried!! Smile Smile Smile I can also still keep an eye on my daughter so it's a win win!

10/04/2011 09:29 AM
rawraider

Group Leader

I am the exact same way! I dont knwo how busy moms find time to get to the gym. I would think it would rob 2 or 3 hours out of the day.it is unneccessary. I love my videos as far as how fit they make me. The ones I use are kind of insane. I love the Jillian Micheals and Bob harper DVDs.Also Jackie Warner. Do you use any of those ones?

I have been slacking and need to get back on track. Today I did an hour and my mind feels the best it has felt in a week or two. It is a good way for my body to remind me that I need excersize for total well being.

10/04/2011 02:10 PM
MsAshley2010

I used to use Jillian Michael's a lot! Almost every day! And Jackie Warner's Ab workout is seriously challenging!!! (They are all on my on-demand so I can use them anytime) but I usually just stick to my insanity and exercise ball workouts for my abs and v push ups, regular push ups, tricep dips and resistance bands for my arms. I should do yoga more because I love it and it's so good for the body. (Cardio is great for endorphins and burning calories, but yoga does so much more than that, helping to detoxify the body and ease stress) but at the end of the day... I know I'm addicted to high intensity work outs...

10/04/2011 05:49 PM
rawraider

Group Leader

I am the same way! I envy those who can do yoga only. Though I do love it, I hardly ever do it.

What are insanity workouts? Are they DVDs or your own concoction? Lol! I want the Ms. ashley insanity!

I have been wanting to try Tracey Anderson dance workouts as well. Have you tried those?

10/04/2011 08:43 PM
MsAshley2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLK28BHJDd8

This is the link to the youtube video for Insanity. It is like P90X, but much higher intensity. It seriously pushes you to your limits and will have you out of breath and wanting to die at the end of it but you will feel sooooo accomplished, but hey, that's the only way we'll get any stronger or faster! lol. It's really hard at first but gets easier with time. Then again, I started it off when I was severely out of shape and not exercising much, so I am sure it will be much easier for you! I still sweat buckets whenever I do these videos! I know you can by the dvd's but my boyfriend just downloaded them to my computer. I set my laptop on my couch and play the videos that way.

And I have not heard of those. I have dance workout vids but I haven't used them yet. i should probably mix it up a little because my muscles have been getting sore from all of the jumping around.

10/05/2011 03:45 AM
rawraider

Group Leader

Aw I can not do computer workouts bc I have no space! Thanks for the link though. maybe there is some way I can store it on my hard drive and move it to a disc!

10/05/2011 12:45 PM
ripa

As you know my October goals are not being met but I am determined to get on track to meeting them for sure. I am enrolled in a 30 day yoga challenge for the entire month. Today is day #5 - let me tell you, my muscles allow for very little else, it is tough to do yoga everyday I feel it mostly in my butt and quads.... try to get in cardio elsewhere but it all becomes a bit much. Esp because I tend to go to the gym in the morning but yoga is not until after work, so 2 workouts in one day is alot to commit to as well. My boyfriend thinks im insane

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved