MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/25/2010 01:58 PM

bad head aches

niall
niall  

for the past month i have been having very bad head aches.the pain can be at the back of the head or across my forehead. my doctor says that the pain is coming from my spine and up to my head.can any one tell me different and what i can do

08/25/2010 03:06 PM
coco76
coco76Posts: 97

Dear niall,

I'm sorry for your headaches. Start a journal and list activities, foods, time of day or night, (weather patterns), and sleep patterns and see if there is anything that makes the pain worse.

You need to talk to your doctor and ask if a scan is needed to see if there are any tumors pressing against any nerves that maybe the reason for the headaches. Then ask the doctor about medication to help you with your pain.

Good luck

Coco

08/26/2010 12:44 PM
niall
niall  

i have headaches every day they come and go all day but are more stronger at night

08/29/2010 01:12 AM
coco76
coco76Posts: 97

Hi niall,

Welcome to MDJunction. You have picked an amazing site. There are a lot of people who share a lot of problems. Maybe we don't have all the correct answers but we can give the best advice. The very best you can do for yourself is talk to your doctor about your problems, maybe he or she can come up with a solution to help you with those headaches.

Getting headaches that often does not sound right. Start a journal and keep a record of the time, and activity and see if there is a pattern. Good luck,

Coco

12/29/2010 11:19 AM
USArmyWife
USArmyWifePosts: 81

i wish i had a good reply for you. but the fact is i have no clue. i get massive head aches too. it feels like someone has my head in a vice grip, and is tightening it as tight as it will go

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved