MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/20/2010 09:05 PM

What has helped you Part 2(page 10)

HeadacheHeidi
HeadacheHeidi  

Wow it's nice to have a summary, I will take note and ask my doctor about a few of these Smile. Theres a natural drug called 5HTP found in natural health food stores and I heard it works very well for a lot of people. It didn't help my headaches that much back then but I am going to try it again very soon. I was having rebound headaches at that point so hard to judge. It also made me a lot happier and more energetic. Worth looking into for those looking for other alternatives Smile

06/25/2010 06:45 AM
moomoo4075

My daughter has been on Lyrica since her traumatic brain injury in 2004. She takes 100 mg am and 50 mg pm. She takes it because they believe her brain rewired it self wrong and she itches all the time. It has not stopped the itching, but has lessened it. She has been on it for 3 years at least. She also has sleep apnea and uses a sleep maching. She is having a NDPH for 19 months straight while on both Lyrica and the sleep machine. Neither seem to make a difference. No meds help either. We are surching!!!

06/25/2010 07:05 AM
moomoo4075

You have made me so hopeful. My daughter keeps waiting to wake up one day and have her headache gone, as she also was told would happen. She did have mono a few months before her first 9 month NDPH. Trigger shots took it away within 24 hours. She had a car accident 4 months later, suffering a TBI. Then 4 years later, following a bad case of Samonilla poisoning she developed this NDPH that has been constant for 19 months. I am showing her your son's changes. Keep your fingers crossed and thanks for sharing.

06/26/2010 08:44 AM
tortoisegirl
tortoisegirlPosts: 3239
Group Leader

Your story sounds similar to a lot of ours moomoo--I got my NDPH with a sinus infection. But wow, your daughter has some bad luck. I had mono the year before. No prior history of headache, but due to family history of migraine they assumed Chronic Daily Headache with migraine. It took 3 years to find a doctor who paid attention to my headache onset and persistence. This helped my doctors think that nothing much else could be done for me, so they put me on pain management, which has been the most helpful thing I've done. As a last resort, I think some people can be helped significantly by opiates.

Keep searching! Best wishes.

10/06/2012 05:01 PM
Stitches527
Stitches527  

In the past I have tried naproxen, maxalt, imitrex, gabapentin, amitryptiline, hydrocodone, prednisone, and several others that I can't remember. Currently I am on meloxican, tizinidine, Cymbalta, Percocet, and morphine er. I express how much I am looking forward to my appt at the diamond clinic in a week and a half! 8)

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 10 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved