MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/09/2009 07:54 PM

Chronic Headache and Lightheadedness

LL1996

Hello,

For the past month I have been getting tension like headaches pretty much everyday (I never really suffered from headhaches). Some days were fine, but I noticed within the last week my headaches have gotten worse. They last longer in the day. I have also been getting lightheaded and dizzy. I have noticed that I have also been getting muscle pain, mostly in the right side of my body * back and loss of appetite (just a tiny bit). I'm scheduled for a CT scan in a few days. I do suffer from Anxiety disorder and sever stomach issues (gastritis & espohagitis)which my doctor feels is why I'm having these headache pains. But I know all of the sypmtoms of panic disorder and this doesn't feel like it has to do with that. Can anybody relate or have any insight on what might be going on? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

07/09/2009 08:39 PM
MaryR
MaryR  
Group Leader

Hmmm, I don't really know what is causing your headaches since there are so many things that could be it, of course the first things that come to mind for me are if you have changed any sort of medication you take or changed your diet or general stress level (doctors overuse that one, but it can have a major impact, especially with tension type headaches). This includes using over the counter painkillers to control the headache that you have because over time it can cause rebound headaches that get more and more frequent. Here is a link about that.

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/guide/rebound- headaches

Being lightheaded and dizzy can sometimes be a reaction to the pain itself (especially if it is severe) or it may be a symptom in its own right. I have definitely had those symptoms before, they are not fun at all.

I am glad you are getting the CT scan, and hope that it is the start of finding treatment that will help.

07/09/2009 09:27 PM
LL1996

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your information. I will definitely check out the link.

07/12/2009 08:26 AM
drmeows
drmeows  

LL1996, Welcome! The fact that you have pain on your right side only sounds scary to me. I hope your CT scan shows something. Usually when you hear unilateral pain, you think clot or blockage, perhaps nerve. I hope something turns up for you and you can resolve your headache. Keep us posted.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved