MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/09/2009 10:40 AM

aluminum poisoning

lka
lkaPosts: 16

Hi,

my name is lori and i am posting here for the first time, I am so excited to meet others with chronic daily headaches, I won't be along anymore, yeah!! I was recently told by a amish healer that i have aluminum poisoning and that's the cause of my headaches. Anyone have any information about this?

I have tried a whole list of therapies, medications etc. I have had these headaches since i was 13 and i am now 47. I'm getting worn down....

05/09/2009 08:44 PM
Lisasmom
LisasmomPosts: 508

Hi Lori. Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you have had daily headaches for so long. My daughter had a blood test for heavy metals but the results were normal. Have you found a good neurologist that specializes in headaches? You could ask your doctor if he thinks you should get the blood test.

05/09/2009 09:25 PM
tortoisegirl
tortoisegirlPosts: 3248
Group Leader

Hi and welcome!

05/09/2009 11:52 PM
MaryR
MaryR  
Group Leader

I don't know anything about Aluminum poisoning. I looked on the internet, but it wasn't very helpful...there were a lot of sites, but the info didn't seem very scientific or reliable in the ones I read. I may just be picking the bad ones, but I think I would ask a doctor and see if he or she could tell you something.

I am not surprised that you are worn down by this...mine gets wearing to me sometimes and I am only getting to my 3rd headache anniversary this month!

05/09/2009 11:57 PM
Placebo
PlaceboPosts: 297

wow. I don't know how you've dealt with these headaches so long. I couldn't. Aluminum poisoning is probably not the answer though. Sorry to say. Neither is mercury poisoning or any of that crap. Sorry, but I've tried it all honey. For real. Probably have to get chelation or something and that's expensive and a long process. Those natural doctors can't treat this. Pills don't even have much luck most of the time but at least they have a better chance. Some people think hormones are the answer if you still want a natural route. Progesterone I think. I think your best bet is pills though, for sure.

05/10/2009 10:19 AM
lka

I don't know if my neurologist is good or not, he didn't help me much even though i think he was the best i'd had of the 3 i went to. You know how it goes, he added a few relevent pieces to my recovery puzzle. Not enough to feel good all the time, but a step in the right direction. Unfortunatly he is in Maryland and i am in western N.Y. Although if i was sure he had all the answers i would go again to see him. I don't trust drs. very much anymore.

05/10/2009 10:26 AM
lka

yes i'm in menopause and i definetly think that made my headaches worse. I had to go off estrogen, testosteronw and progesterone. They made my headaches tremendously worse. It seemed like topomax worked for a while and then it didn't seem to affect me any more. If a prescription doesn't cause me to have a headache it will make me nausaus or both or they ruin my sex life. I just don't want any more scripts, they have too many side effects. what to do?

05/10/2009 12:27 PM
Placebo

what to do?

05/10/2009 12:31 PM
Placebo

Yeah, we all have gone through countless bad doctors. Don't trust 'em either. They don't really know how to treat this anyhow. It's not their fault though... can't blame them. This is a little out of the ordinary as far as what they're familiar with, and it's like one of the most treatment-resistent demon diseases around. I don't know why I said demon disease, lol, I just hate it. I guess we're all in this together.

05/10/2009 01:32 PM
lka

You are amazing, and you make me smile. I don't know where that came from, it just popped into my head. reading your emails is like listening to myself!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved