MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/21/2009 04:13 PM

Headache and Pink Eye??

WendyLou
WendyLou  

Hello,

Has anyone had pink eye since having their headache start? I woke up this morning with a bloodshot eye and went to the doctor who diagnosed me with viral "pink eye." Viral b/c I've been nursing a cold and sore throat for almost a month now. He said there's nothing you can do for the viral type vs bacterial (which can be treated with steriod drops) except wait it out.

Right now I'm incredibly anxious b/c the pink eye is the same eye that I usually have my headache in. As the day has gone on I feel more pain around the eye and am so afraid that my headache is going to spike. That brings on the inevitable fear that the spike will be permanent and I won't be able to function. Right now my mind is getting the best of me and the pain is scaring me.

Sorry to go on and on . . . .just don't know how else to cope with the anxiety.

04/21/2009 04:15 PM
drmeows
drmeows  

So sorry you have pink eye WendyLou. I've never had it myself but I understand your anxiety about spiking your headache. I hope that doesn't happen. Maybe you can take some xanax and get some rest in the meantime. I hope you feel better soon.

04/21/2009 06:17 PM
MaryR
MaryR  
Group Leader

I don't know. I had pink eye several times as a child (my siblings were always very generous to share). As a child it never had any connection to a headache. I hope yours will be more like the kind I had as a kid that looks scary for a while hurts some (which is how we passed it around, rubbing our eyes), but eventually goes away and gets pretty much forgotten.

04/21/2009 08:25 PM
kardie
kardie  
VIP Member

I had pink eye a few years ago when I was fighting a very bad cold that wouldn't go away, and throat infection. Mine must have been bacterial because I was given drops. I didn't find my headaches got any worse though.

Kardie

04/22/2009 04:15 AM
WendyLou
WendyLou  

Thanks Kardie. Your experience with it gives me some hope. I woke up today looking worse than yesterday and feel like my eye wants to pop out. Even before I had the headache I have always had very senstive eyes that were prone to problems. I had uveitis (a swelling of the eye that can lead to vision loss if not resolved) about 10 year ago. They were never able to figure out what caused it so I think that's in the back of my mind too.

04/22/2009 07:54 AM
kardie
kardie  
VIP Member

Keep a close watch on it and if it doesn't soon start to improve I think you should go and get it checked again. I know how painful it can be, I'm sure it could help cause you headaches to increase.

Hope you feel better soon.

Kardie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved