MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/16/2011 03:46 PM

Should I be a narc or a pothead???(page 2)

MaryR
MaryR  
Group Leader

Sounds like you are in good shape with the household duties then. I am glad you have such a great nanny. I tend to agree that after 10 years the headache is probably rather stable (unless there is some other condition or new injury or something making it worse) so you should have a pretty good idea what you are looking at. I am only 5 years in and I pretty much know what to expect from mine at this point though it still throws me a few days of surprises every now and then.

Trying to get healthy people to understand what it is like to be in constant pain and how much that affects everything...that is really hard. Some seem to be naturally better at it than others. I do hope that at least the ladies in the family will be open to reading and hopefully understanding more what it is really like.

That is awesome that you have a job like that where you are really needed and they can work with you that much. It is amazing to me that there are jobs like that out there where even in this economy they will work with you to that extent instead of just replacing you with someone else. You must be a truly valued employee.

11/16/2011 07:06 PM
jenpharm5

I live in a remote community and it is nearly impossible to get pharmacists here. I left my hospital job to work community pharmacy for 3 years prior to having kids and in that time there was not even a single application for my position. I am also protected by a union so they actually can only replace me with temp workers at this time anyway.

Although my headache condition is somewhat stable, the demands on me are not. Raising twins is a daunting task even for people in perfect health.

11/17/2011 08:43 AM
MaryR
MaryR  
Group Leader

As a twin, I would have to say so...not that we mean to be like that...it just gets complicated with two kids the same size going in two directions at once, or taking turns crying all night.

04/27/2012 02:31 AM
zach1223Z

Could you please tell me about what dose you are on and how long it helped my son is in a great deal of pain I understand how methadone works that you dont get high but does it make the pain better. Please help

04/27/2012 06:12 PM
tortoisegirl
tortoisegirlPosts: 3364
Group Leader

Zach-It could be helpful to say who this question is directed to...its an older post too...I assumed the original poster, but they said they weren't. HeadHurts and myself are both on Methadone. Typically discussion of narcotic dosage is more appropriate for private messages so I'll send you one.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved