MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/06/2011 06:05 PM

special glasses for migraines and light sensitivit

oooharao

hello all, i was on here for a while trying to find some answers to light sensitivity, i stumbled across the rose colored lenses , investigated and decided to buy. they are not cheap, i got the rims from walmart and sent them out to them in utah. this was the instructions per , they put the lens back with the right prescription and i have had them now for about two weeks. for those that know me my eyes are very , very light sensitive and i needed something. the rose colored lense are to block the red and blue spectrum colors of light , both of these have been known to cause migraines in people and with people with light sensitivity there eyes are more sensitive to those spectrums

i wanted to make sure that i had plenty of time with them, to make a objective hypothisis with them. and i will gladly tell you they are everything that they said that they are. they have helped quite a bit, to the extent i'm not sure, but i would recomend them for anybody that has my features and if you have migraines for i truly believe that they will help you .

none of the eye doctors where i lived had heard of them and a few told me that nothing like this existed , but they are opening there eyes and now a few pairs will be coming to this area with the open minds of a few people.

i understand the pain of migraines as i get them fairly frequently myself along with the eyes. they can stop a person in there tracts. i also understand that not all migraines come from a neuroligical background, but for those that do i believe taht these glasses will help a lot

if you have a questions you are more then welcome to pm me if you like and i can give you details and numbers to get ahold of these people.

they did tell me that there are imitations out there taht don't work near as well as what they have. i don't have a clue if that is true are not, but i know that ones that i got from them have helped a lot

good luck

and best wishes

mikey

01/06/2011 07:34 PM
MaryR
MaryR  
Group Leader

Thanks for letting us know.

01/07/2011 06:22 PM
tortoisegirl
tortoisegirlPosts: 3370
Group Leader

Thanks for sharing!

01/08/2011 02:45 AM
Enbee
EnbeePosts: 1556

I'm glad to hear the glasses are working for you! I hope they continue to do so Smile

01/12/2011 09:56 AM
Bio
BioPosts: 9

I have always had a mild light sensitivity and my migraines were agrivated by any light. I need glasses to see so i have been using lenses called drivewear. They are a polarised lense similar to transitions except that they are light sensitive and not UV sensitive. This means that they react to all light and tint to match all light levels. At night they are almost clear and on bright sunny days they are fairly dark. Unlike normal transitions they work behind a car windshield, and because they are polarised they cut all sorts of glare. They are a yellow tint to start and go to a sort of coppery red so they also cut out the blue spectrum. I love them and recomend them for anyone. They can be put into pretty much any frame. i have them in a set of Oakleys Ophthalmic frames. http://www.drivewearlens.com/engine.php

01/12/2011 06:59 PM
tortoisegirl
tortoisegirlPosts: 3370
Group Leader

Thanks for the tip! I however would love something I could wear at night to cut out glare. Tried all the fancy coatings on my glasses which the eye doctors always say will make a difference, but they don't...I actually don't feel safe when I have to drive somewhere unfamiliar at night and usually avoid that (well, it helps I rarely go out at night anyways due to pain/fatigue...).

01/13/2011 02:15 PM
Enbee
EnbeePosts: 1556

Bio, they sound good, glad to hear they work for you!

Kate, I also have issues with driving at night. I pretty much avoid night driving if I can as I find it really aggravates my pain and fatigue and I don't trust myself.

01/22/2011 07:45 PM
Bio
BioPosts: 9

I wear these ones at night when I'm driving. Because they only tint in the presence of light they go pretty much clear. I have never had a pair like these in my life.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved