MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/09/2009 12:04 PM

Oxygen therapy

vickimac
vickimacPosts: 29

I see this on the news and had heard about oxygen therapy for clusters headaches - but has anyone ever heard about oxygen therapy for NDPH ?? I asked my local doctor and he had heard about it but didn't know how to go about 'doing' it ? Willing to try anything to get these headaches under control - if anyone can help please let me know, having a bad bad day.

12/09/2009 08:24 PM
MaryR
MaryR  
Group Leader

Sorry to hear that you are having a rough day. I have heard of oxygen therapy vaguely but I don't know any details about it either. I wish I could help you more. I hope that someone else here knows and that tomorrow is a better day.

12/10/2009 09:09 PM
tortoisegirl
tortoisegirlPosts: 3239
Group Leader

They tried it on some migraine patients and it wasn't nearly as statistical to provide relief as clusters. NDPH is even more tricky to treat than migraine, so I doubt it would help. That said, it wouldn't hurt if you could figure out how to go about it. A hyperbaric chamber is another option that is said to help a lot of conditions. I assume by oxygen therapy you meant by the bottle, not going in the chamber.

12/11/2009 04:46 AM
vickimac
vickimacPosts: 29

Yes I was talking about the oxygen bottle therapy - I guess it is one of those things that can't hurt - but just not sure how to go about it either.

Thanks for the reply though.

Another high pain day today.

Take care,

Vicki

12/14/2009 08:56 PM
MaryR
MaryR  
Group Leader

Vicki, there is a little bit of the technical details in the newspaper article that Stroops posted in this thead

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/ndph-support-forums/ introductions-personal-stories/1047974-virus#1069173

That might help your doctor figure out how to try it.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved