MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/17/2009 07:02 PM

Herbal cures anyone??

harley121

Has anyone ever tried any of the herbal cures out there? I just ordered one called carnofax. That web page is; http://www.carnofax.com/

Any comments??

Post edited by: harley121, at: 09/17/2009 07:05 PM

09/17/2009 10:01 PM
sleepySheri
sleepySheri  

my name is sheri and i am on of the group leaders here. i am not a doctor just another narcoleptic. i can answer questions based on my experiences. as far as herbal remedies go, i have not tried any. one of my doctors has mentioned inhibitor [replacement]. replacement is not the correct word, i am having trouble thinking of the correct word. she did a test on me to find out what inhibitors my brain was lacking and figured out a treatment plan. i have not done this yet as it is somewhat expensive. i will try to remember more and let u know. if u have any other questions feel free to ask. we are here to try to help based on our experiences.

09/18/2009 08:23 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I also have never tried anything with the herbs so I cant say much, Sheri was the test called an Evoked Potential? I have to have one for my diagnosis of MS but it sounds like something to do with what you are talking about. They hook it up to your brain and see how it is functioning. I havent had it yet but wondered if it was the same test.

09/18/2009 10:17 PM
sleepySheri
sleepySheri  

stacy, i did have an eeg and went through biofeedback. for the inhibitor thing, they did a ua which can tell all the levels of things like dopamine and seratonin, etc. sheri

09/19/2009 05:48 AM
harley121

Hello everyone, and thank you for all of the info and opinions. Since posting I have had time to do some research. I read that a hi-protein lunch helps (in some cases) some people not to have an episode. With that in mind, I have been keeping a list of what I eat every day,, I noticed that on the days that I had a tuna sub on a wheat roll I did NOT nod off a single time on those days.

As soon as I've taken the herbal supplement (CARNOFAX) for a week or two I'll get back and post my results.

Take care ,,

Bob R

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved