MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/30/2010 12:46 AM

once again...waking up...

MatthewC

As im sure we all do, i have the hardest time waking up in the morning. I have 7 alarm clocks...one of which is the 'legendary' sonic bomb and i still cant wake up until between noon and 2pm.

im on a schedule, i have changed my diet, i exercise, i have done just about everything short of getting on xyrem.

is there something else out there that i could try?

i would rather not have to resort to xyrem....mostly because some of the side effects scare the hell out of me (while the benefits are equally enticing).

im struggling through college right now, and i see no hope of graduating....all of the classes i have left to take are between 8 am and 10 am....ive never felt this way before, i am at a standstill in my life, and i cant think of anything to do to change it...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

04/30/2010 07:49 AM
GmaTerri

Matthew, I understand your mornings...My daytime sleepiness is now under control but it still takes me a while first thing in the morning. What side effects of Xyrem scare you? I experienced a few of them at first, while getting the doseage just right. Once the dose was "just right" for my system, I had no side effects. The "scary" part of taking Xyrem, for me, would be NOT having insurance that pays for all but my co-pay!!

My first night with Xyrem gave me a morning so AWAKE that I couldn't remember how long ago it was since I felt so awake!

I was diagnosed officially 3 or 4 yrs ago but, looking back, I have had it since I was a kid....and that was DECADES ago!!

Terri

04/30/2010 11:14 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

After ALL those alarms wake you up do not take a nap in the big comfy closet on the big comfy blanket like Missa did. No matter how inviting it does looks. Wink Love ya Missa

05/02/2010 09:20 AM
MatthewC

well...my biggest fear is being dependent on it to fall asleep, next in line is the whole 'psychosis' deal (with my luck, id experience it Sad )

and although its not a huge deal....i read that it can cause you to wet your bed, id rather not have to go back to sleeping on one of those pee-mattresses again Tongue

05/02/2010 09:44 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I already suffer from Psychosis from Bipolar Disorder I, stable now for over a year thankfully. Xyrem I personally would never take there are members who have been taking it successfully but I have also read horror stories about it. We also had a member who actually died on it and was luckily revived by the paramedics. There is a bigger story but it was enough for me to stay away. It's one to absolutely research before trying and make sure you check all of your drug interactions and do not count on anyone else to do it for you. Good luck! Wink

05/03/2010 03:59 PM
smd
smdPosts: 292

Post edited by: smd, at: 04/08/2013 06:58 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved