MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/21/2012 07:05 AM

How do you disguise the taste of meds for kids?

MrsCorey

Does anyone have a suggestion for disguising the taste of Crushed Prednisone? We've already tried applesauce and now chocolate pudding.. as we go up on dosage she complains more & more. And we'll be at 60mgs tomorrow. I know there is a liquid, but doctors assure me it tastes worse than the crushed. She's eleven and all this medicine taking is new to her-

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated

04/22/2012 06:46 AM
kshepie

That's a tough one. Yes the taste is bitter. Have you tried not crushing and put it on a spoon with the applesauce or pudding or is she having problems swallowing. If it isn't crushed you don't get that bitter taste. Good luck - my heart goes out to her and you.

04/23/2012 10:30 AM
ValAllen
ValAllen  

I have a friend who used strawberry milk for her daughter's antibiotics.

Kshepie is on point here. If your daughter can swallow, maybe spoon it to her in her favorite foods.

Good luck!

05/04/2012 05:55 AM
sonjamom

We use yogurt.. get the flavored yogurt and put it in there. My 4 year old will eat it with no problem that way.

08/25/2013 10:32 AM
Hattielynn

I am a nurse- and my daughter has MG as of one week ago! Anyway- the other thing to try is candy- not the best thing to use but works ok. Otherwise, pixie sticks are my daughter favorite.

08/26/2013 06:44 PM
SweetKocoa
SweetKocoa  

Good suggestions All...especially the pixie sticks

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved