MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/31/2012 09:17 AM

MG weakness makes you do funny things

Orie

Has any one found your self in a odd situation with your MG weakness?

I went to feed my horses one day and got out to the corral and just could not get back to the house. I leaned against the water tank it was nice and cool and feel asleep. I was so weak. I woke up about an hour later and the sun had set. I just took a nap out in the middle of no where. Pre MG I would never have done that. I later got a cell phone as these situations were becoming more and more frequent.

01/31/2012 11:02 AM
mgwarrior
mgwarrior  

I know the feeling, I get stuck in my clothes, and when I get down on the floor, I cant get up and crawl around and laugh at myself.

01/31/2012 03:16 PM
Orie

I can relate to having to crawl some. I went to the gas station to fill up the car and my eye kept closing and then it would flutter open the gas station guy thought I was winking at him!..... just another MG moment!

01/31/2012 10:04 PM
Seamus
Seamus  

Ever try to get up out of an office chair while hurrying to answer the door. I swung around on the chair and promptly dropped to the floor. Later on the same day I climbed into an inground pool to remove the liner ( we were taking the pool out). I had to stay there for at least an hour and then I was able to crawl out and go inside the house.

My fault I had forgotten to take my meds.

02/06/2012 02:43 AM
wornouteach
wornouteach  

Life CAN be adventurous! I have done the same kind of things at school in front of my students! I had a "director's" swivel tall stool with armrests lie they use in a bank. I used it in front of my interactive overhead laptop. I had my oxygen on and one of the students needed individual help with a challenging algebra problem. I had a "senior moment" and forgot about my MG and oxygen (thought I was SuperAlgebraman!that I once was! lol), whirled around in my chair and hopped down and started to walk over to where they sat. I got as far as my oxygen line would reach (which was two steps) and my MG legs said, "Oh no you don't!" and down I went! I looked like I was trying to hang myself with my oxygen hose there in the classroom! Fortunately for me, all the kids knew and understood about my MG.After checking me over they got me back up and back in my chair and we all laughed! (SOMEONE GOT THE VIDEO OF THE INCIDENT and shared it with the rest of our little school faculty)

I have come to look at life as an endless supply of adventures to find ways to enjoy, not endure!

"KEEP LOOKING UP!" God and I love you!

Jeff

02/06/2012 04:26 AM
bebes
bebes  

ROFLMDO Teach.

Your kids would love the classic MG shoot-the-water-out-the-nose trick.

02/21/2012 07:42 AM
travelgirl

I can relate to many of these moments! I find myself falling asleep in random places and waking up later trying to figure out what to do next.

02/21/2012 07:59 AM
Rjg

As a newly diagnosed person your stories leave me speechless and you attitudes leave me profoundly impressed.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved