MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/01/2012 05:46 PM

MG symptoms

Seamus
Seamus  

Just prior to christmas I had my annual neuro visit. I was checked by a neuro in training. she was concerned that my mobility had become restricted since my last visit. She called the Neuroligist in. He now thinks That there is something else going on which is causing my mobility to become restricted. In the meantime he is increasing my mestinon. I am still waiting on the new dosage.

The neuroligist told the trainee that overheating is not common with MG. As far as I know it is a common thing with MG to be intolerant to heat. Is he right?

01/01/2012 06:29 PM
knightshotte

I have both MG and MS. I know that MS affects mobility and also affects overheating. I was rediagnosed in addition with MG for a number of reasons but one had to do with differences in changes in my mobility such as repetitive movement. The diagnosis processes are different for the two diseases but I have talked with other people online who have both MG and MS. Just a thought.

01/01/2012 06:36 PM
mem9478

Nice to see you again, Seamus. Smile I'm sorry to hear that you are having increased mobility problems. Heat intolerance is a classic symptom in Myasthenia Gravis. I'm not certain if the term, "overheating" is used in the same context, though. Remember the days when we could just say, "Yes"

or "No?"...Dizzy

If you are "overheating" in hot weather, very hot showers or baths,

hot stores, or homes, then I would personally define that as "heat intolerance." If you are becoming "overheated" with no cause, then

I would ask the doctor to qualify the difference for you...and I hope the informed student is there when the neuro explains! Wink

...please, let us know!

Post edited by: MGCanada, at: 01/01/2012 06:38 PM

01/24/2012 09:59 AM
Seamus
Seamus  

Thank you for your replies.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved