MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/13/2011 01:18 PM

Taken over by MS

Zoe1

Hi everyone I have been diagnosed with MS for a whole - hands and legs cramp up alot - any suggestions to help this?

09/13/2011 01:34 PM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

plenty of excercise is what Im told but easier said then done.

09/13/2011 04:40 PM
Zoe1

I know that exercise helps/ I don't get along with this hot weather but as soon as Autumn arrives I will be out walking my dog., thanks for replying so fast it's lovely to know I'm not alone with this illness. Actually I'm usually a pretty happy person but the heat as paid it's toll on me.

09/13/2011 04:44 PM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

There are a couple hundred members on this site not as active as one would think but hey some do answer. Mv girl comes on here a lot more then the other members.

10/09/2011 08:35 AM
mvgallegos
mvgallegos  

Heat is a factor I deal with as well, granted I live in the mountains of Colorado, where we literally see snow 9 months out of the year.

I do try to pop on from time to time to say hi to my fellow MS'ers, though I do wish this group was more active. Pleaseure to meet you Zoe, hope you continue to say with the group.

10/09/2011 09:02 AM
Zoe1

Hi - thanks for ur answer/ at the moment I have an awful flu bug on top of the MS: something the family doesn't seem to relate to is how both of these seen to get me extremely down and it takes longer to recover:

at this time I'm dealing with empty nester and isolation, hard to drag oneself up from, but trying hard, joined a knitting group cos I try to keep my hands active but they only meet once a week, wish there were more MS groups nearby; sounds like I'm a really complainer, not really just been a week!? Miss my children and had the flu, ugh!

That's life...... Bless you all,

10/17/2011 10:36 PM
mvgallegos
mvgallegos  

Well that is part of life, they do grow up so fast and move out! Mine is living with my & my hubby while she's in college. She just graduated HS this past May so I'm sure soon I'll be in your shoes.

I wished I was part of an MS group locally also, there are none where I live. That's why I chat with my fellow MS'ers online on sites like this. I check this website every few days. Please stay with us. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved