MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/12/2011 08:55 PM

Hello I'm new

EJolicoeur

Hello everyone. I have been dealing with MRSA most of my life. It killed my grandfather when I was thirteen and six years later it came for me. I'm now 23 years old, married and have a wonderful career. However, for four years now I have had MRSA. I do everything in my power to get rid of this infection in my body but nothing has worked. I did some research and unfortunatly I think I may be a carrier. On Monday I will be seeing my doctor and getting tested. This test has left me shaken with fear as to what might happen. I could lose my job. It could stop me from having children. All this has been racing through my mind. I have a wonderful husband, however his job keeps him from being here with me. I don't want to tell my friends and family cause I don't want to worry them until I know my results. So that's why I joined this group, hoping someone out there can help me with this and I guess help me keep my sanity. I'm not the kind of person who normally asks for help. But I'm hoping someone will and I hope to help those with my experiences with this monsterous disease. To those who read this, I thank you and I hope with everything I believe that someday we shall all be free.

06/01/2011 12:20 PM
IamhealthyIhavefaith

Hi what do you mean when you say "I might be a carrier"

06/01/2011 12:39 PM
EJolicoeur

Hello Iamhealthyhavefaith... When I say I may be a carrier I haven't had the test done yet so it's not official but I keep getting these outbreaks that there's no way I couldn't be I just want to know how to be rid of it for good.

06/08/2011 03:56 AM
cupie55
cupie55  

Hello IAHHF,

My name is Penny I have been on this board for over 2 years now. I try and help VIv out as much as I can.. I too suffer from MRSA. Hmm Get rid of MRSA for good. Well the only thing I Can say is.. I wish I knew of a way. We can put it in Kind of a Remission called colenization.. but get rid of it? WE all wish we knew how. It can lay dormant for years then get your Immune system down and POW here it rears it's ugly head again. I got an outbreak after 2 years of no signs. SO the feeling here is anguish galore. But you have come to the right place. We care and we consoul and stick together . EVen on those days that all we want to do is yell and scream.. We share both good and bad.

Welcome to our little (chosen Family) We help support one another through it all.

Be well as you can and be safe.

Keep on keeping on as I say.

Penny

07/14/2011 09:13 PM
toka85

EJolicoeur I understand what your going through. I am 26 and I have been getting them since 2009. I've had 6 outbreaks and currently on my 6th one. I asked my doc yesterday about having kids. She said they can still treat you with antibotics while your pregnant and that it doesnt hurt the kid. She could also just be telling me that cuz she doesnt want to freak me out not sure. I've learned the best way to deal with it is as soon as you think u have it get it covered up with a good band aid and make a doctor appt asap. so they can get u started on antibotics. After my 2nd outbreak I learned that I'm allergic to the main antibotic which is bactrim. Severly allergic, never been allergic to anything in my life till i took that. Ended up in the ER in hives and breathing problems. Once u get to the doc just keep it covered, use gloves when touching it or cleaning it. It only takes a few days of antibotics for it to start to discharge and then u have a mess on ur hands. just keep an eye on it. all u can do is treat it for now Sad

07/15/2011 03:24 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello to all of you I am Viv and I know how you guys feel. I have had MRSA everywhere from inside my lungs to my kidneys to mulitiple break out on the skin. Like Penny said as of right now there is no known cure. We can colonize and go into like a remission and it not rear its ugly head for years then if you get something or have surgery that breaks your immune system down it can rear up all over again. That is why they call it the superbug and they don't bother to tell most patients there are over 150 different strains of it.

Like you toka I have developed many allergies since this happened to me. I cannot take batrim either they usually us doxycycoline on me with bactroban ointment on the places as well as up my nose twice a day. If the lungs get really bad I end up in the hospital with IV's which really weaken me cause it kills off the good bacteria we need to that is the bad part about taking antibiotics alot. It is good to have all of you guys with us . Sorry it took me awhile to answer I have been under the weather. Welcome to our Family. Many Blessings!

07/18/2011 12:40 PM
Sistrozzie
Sistrozzie  

I am 70 and although I don't have MRSA I have had a Staph Aureus for 1 1/2 years and still trying to fight it off. I am currently taking 8 dicloxacillin pills a day times 240 pills. I was on vancomyecin IV therapy but when the dr. wanted to put me on it again this time I said no. It would have been my 6th time. I asked for a referral to an infection disease dr. who is trying to encapsulate the infection so that I can take an antibiotic for the rest of my life. He wants to avoid amputation although he went so far as to describe what the prosthesis would be like and how it would attach. I have had three surgeries, two to debride and the first to take off a heel spur. I've tried several oral antibiotics which I have been allergic to, coming down with the side effects of muscle pain and weakness, horrible heartburn, etc.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved