MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/11/2011 11:32 PM

New to all this... and terrified

MissiMRSA

Diagnosed with MRSA in Nov of last year and have had 3 outbreaks so far. I worked in a hospital 7 yrs ago and am sure this is where the bacteria started for me, but am doing a bit more medical research of my records to trace its start (not that it matters- the hospital will deny all of it). I just want to know if this is CA or HA... is there a strain identification I can ask my current doc for instead of this history search? It makes me very anxious to deal with all that.

I hurt, I am depressed, I also came down with pneumonia while going from lesion 1 to number 3, so I am terrified of the MRSA bacteria getting into my lungs and running rampant...

My joints have ached for years...

Ive been depressed since the dawn of time it seems (but in reality I was first put on antidepressants about the same time as I think I got this bug)

My doc put me on steroids for the pneumonia, bactrim ds for the infection, tessalon for my cough and diflucan every other day to prevent the "extra bonuses" that antibiotic treatments give me. She also said to wash every 7 days with Hibiclens soap- my entire body. 7 days is apparently the magic number for days of gestation so you can kill as much of the bacteria as possible. She just told me this recently, so yesterday was my first wash with the soap. It smells funny.

As for treating the lesions, I have been using a drawing salve applied to a large adhesive bandage that seals on all sides (in case of leakage) and changing this several times daily. The Hibiclens does little to no good fr current infections short of keeping the skin surrounding it less contaminated.

I have also seen suggestions online about changing to a diabetic like diet, cutting out refined sugars and reducing the complex carbs I eat to reduce the amount of yeast in my body- sounds like a right good plan to me!

I also wash my hands with antimicrobial soap each and every time I am near a sink... Can never be too safe, right?

My biggest fear is this bacteria getting into my lungs and causing it to necratize. I have a 6 year old daughter I would like to see grow up. I know that this bacteria can be deadly and works fast in some cases...

Missi MRSA

01/12/2011 06:08 AM
cupie55
cupie55  

Hello Missi, Welcome to our group! We on this board consider ourselve a "Chosen Family". I have read your post and I feel you are on the right track.. but be carefull of the hipiclense.. it's very drying.. I, and several others mix it with a moisturizing body wash its helps..I even after a shower some times use a baby oil rinse.. (baby oil spread over body then rinse and pat dry.)Those hand sinatisers dry also.. so find something you can use to help you there? Are you still working? DO yourself a favor.. get and keep all the cultures and sinistivity reports you can get ahold of for your case. THose will tell you what strain and what antibiotic will work. You know as well as I know that antibitics do not work for everyone the same way. ITs a try this one if if not try another. Stosmach upset can be had with almost any of them.. I used to be on Reframption and Leviquin. now changed to doxicyclin. BID.. ( I kno that its been a long time since that was used.) Laugh.Showing my age eh? .OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwell.what can I say.YOu are doing everything you can now its the see saw things with the darn hospitals and DOcs. But you know that already. THose items I told you about will help you figure it out. NO one is going to admit to it. and you are going to have to be your own lawyer if you know what i mean. get it all together and then attack. You are welcome to read my diary if you wish to help you see what I have been through.. YOUR NOT ALONE any more. We are here on your best days to help you celebrate and your worst days to lend a knowing sholder.. DO not stop posting please let us know how things are going. I am fighting this leagally now.. so I understand what you are going through.You can always leave any one of us a message if you wish.( It's called a PM! But open posting helps other too and we all learn.

Welcome again.

Be safe and as well as.

many Blessings to you and yours.

Penny

01/12/2011 06:22 AM
cupie55
cupie55  

MIssi,

SOrry I thought of somethng else that might help the .. WOMANS curse.. laugh.. eat Live culture yogart. he yogart does not have to be the expensive kind either.. Store brand is good as long as it has live cultures in it.it helps with the aftermath of Antibiotics. THe combonation of the diflucan and the yougart helps.. it replaces the good bacteria that all the antibiotics take away. Helps you kinda balance it all out again.. its not an over night thing.. but it helps.AND PLease forgive my spelling it sucks.. I got a dictonary but by the time I pick it up. my mind has gong on to aother thing.. laugh.. I think its called.. ummmmm sinality.OHh they dont call it that any more do they????!!!!!!!!!

Ohh WEll.. what can I say.

HUGs

Penny

01/12/2011 11:27 AM
MissiMRSA

Penny- thanks for your responses, and i could care less about your spelling. fact is, u are here helping me when i need it most, and it feels like those who are supposed to be here helping me have turned their backs. i thank you for this.

i have noticed the drying effects of the hibiclens, but a long time ago, my pharmacist recommended a hand lotion when i had chemical burns on my hands (washing dishes in a nursing home with cheap soap and the hottest water i could stand) and i have used it ever since. this lotion is rather expensive but i always have some available. its called vanicreme. its dye free, scent free and feels like a satin glove when you put it on. it doesnt make your skin feel greasy. i am prone to acne, so the baby oil treatment is just plain out for me.

a bit scared to weaken the effectiveness of the hibiclens by using a moisturizing soap with it, too. surely using it just once a week wont make it dry me out? i tend to have issues with boils in my hair, so the dr said to even wash my hair with hibiclens. that shit is expensive!!

i am not working- havent worked at the hospital for 7 years and have only barely done things since. i am scared to get a job now, knowing how easily this bacteria is transferred and how much harm it can do to someone... and how fast it kills...

im scared

real scared

is this something you can get disability for from ssi? i am so overwhelmed with all of this, there are days i just sit and cry for hours...

i want to supply gloves and ask ppl to put them on when they come into my house... but do i tell them its for their protection or mine?

can i go live under a rock?

Post edited by: MissiMRSA, at: 01/12/2011 11:29 AM

01/12/2011 11:30 AM
MissiMRSA

just a note to subscribe to this thread

01/21/2011 03:38 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello MissiMRSA my name is Viv and I am sorry that you have this thing called MRSA too. I am sorry it took me so long to answer I have been sick again. I do understand your fear we all have it. Me my MRSA is in my lungs and comes out on the skin from time to time leaving horrible holes. It has been a constant battle and one I will eventually not win but I do what I can. I am glad your with us we are a chosen family here. Many blessings to you!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved