MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/20/2010 08:31 AM

HI I am back/ close call

rainydaze57
rainydaze57  

Been sharing my computer time with teen daughter who is completing a project before the end of the school year. This crap MRSA, really irritates me!!! Was just outside last week and got a little teeny tiny poke by a damned rose bush thorn and my stupid hand got bruised!! then the little poke turned into a big friggin bubble thing. Had some magic bactriban left from last time and hurried up and bandaided it. But man, it was like my hand was gonna swell up again like last year, but this time was a little bit better because at least I sort of knew what I was dealing with. Just to let you guys know, I started a discussion board on unemployment and such and would appreciate some comments here and there too. Damn, I didn't think I could go through computer withdrawals. But I am .........hope everyone is doing better. I will be here for you guys still....you are my family and I don't know what I would do without your understanding and caring. Oh yeah and I have a question, maybe it has been answered before, but where I have just been like scratched by a cat or a bush, my scars don't really go away, it is like they turn purple or something but they are still there. Anybody else do this?

05/23/2010 05:10 AM
cupie55
cupie55  

Welcome back Rainey,,, missed you! Glad to see your back.. sorry its been a while, but you know how it goes.

Just get back on the saddle and go honey.. thats the way it works. WIth withdrawals.. well I fully understand, mine was broke for sooo long I had to use the laptop.It drove me crazy.But now I am back. HUgs and lots of love.

Penn

Cupie55

05/23/2010 07:04 AM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Welcome back Rainy I have missed you my dear. I know it has to be hard sharing the computer but glad your back now.

I don't see where you started the discussion about unemployment was it on this board and I just missed it somewhere?

As for as what happened to your hand and the question about the purple scar. Now since I have MRSA and places on my skin turn into MRSA when damaged I always get purple scarring. I got a nasty cat scratch down the center of my chest and it bubbled up and got all uky took me about 4 weeks of bactroban to get it healed up on the outside and now that scar is just as purple as can be. We are not the only ones that happen to I had a young man come on the boards not long ago asking about purple scarring. I rub vitiamin E oil into mine it does not fade them completely but does help out some. That is just another side effect of this dog gone MRSA.

05/24/2010 08:39 AM
rainydaze57
rainydaze57  

Hey all: The unemployment thing is a separate board. I asked Roy what he thought about it and he decided to give it a shot. So it is under "unemployment"..

Yesterday I mowed the front yard and transplanted some house plants. Today I watched big friggin snow flakes!!.. What is up with this weather anyway? It hasn't been dry enough time to even get my back yard ready for tomatoes and stuff. Good thing I guess because if I had them planted the poor things would have been pelted with big rain before the snow. I was watching a show last night when I heard a big noise and discovered that one of my cute little furball kitty cats knocked down the aloe vera plant I just transplanted!! the little shit!!!. I scooped up what I could of the potting soil and tucked my little plant back in there the best I could and he had managed to pull off one of the leaves on there, anyway I thought I would try to rub it on my scratch and my pokes from the damn rosebush. I think it made it feel better. I would like to know what it is that causes the damn purple though.

Now a sorta funny story. I was going down my back porch the other day because my dogs were barking like there was someone back there, and it was a damned skunk!!!... My backyard smelled like skunk!!! I don't think he sprayed my dogs, but he sprayed something out there. I was wearing my last year garden shoes and it had just finished raining and I slipped down and fell right on my butt!!!! Now I got this purty big purple,green blue bruise on my upper thigh/leg/butt!!! Kinda looks like an oversized clown bow tie thing. Anyway the bruise like I don't know felt bumpy or something. I do have lots of cellulite from eating french fries and stuff but this was just weird the way it swelled up....does that happen with this MRSA stuff too? I can still walk and move and stuff without it hurting so I don't think I broke a bone or hurt a muscle but if I am not careful how I sit down, even gently sit down, it hurts like sortof like a sunburned bruise. Word of advise, dont wear last years garden shoes this year especially after it rains or you will slip down on your butt!!! or your head I guess. I threw them damn things away really hard like smashed them in the garbage can I was mad..... Thanks for being here you guys!!! trying to do a bit of cleaning in the house today because I can't work outside in the dirt. No job emails today so far so I guess I will just do some more closet cleaning out before the big pickup day......I will talk to you guys later!!! Smile

05/24/2010 12:33 PM
cupie55
cupie55  

HI Raineydaze its lil ole me.. are you on any asprin regiment?? OR take blood thinners?? I just slapped my leg talking to my dog and I burst a blood vesselin my upper thigh..swelled up like a snake going around the thigh around through the back of the knee. IF not that.. I dont know. HUgs and thanks cor the word of support. I am going to try and help out as much as I can.

Be well and be safe.

Penny

cupie55

05/24/2010 05:14 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Rainy I am like Penn if you are on any thinners it sure can cause that. I am on coumadin all the time and any bump leaves a hugh bruise that raises above the skin. If not I don't know I haven't heard of any others anywhere having bruises like that from the MRSA. But who knows MRSA causes so very many problems.

08/27/2010 10:25 PM
lrscherer
lrscherer  

On the comment about cats and dogs. Ive had one vet in Arizona and now in Missouri say that people are giving their animals mrsa. And that Aids use to be the number 1 cause of death to cats. That is if the cat is let outside. Cats fight scratch & bite. So they transport blood infections.

I took my cat to the vet because she had a bump on her like a blister. I gave my little baby mrsa. The first visit to the vet last month i didnt think much of it because while in our fenced back yard we let our cat out while we do yard work. Never has she been in a fight or contact with another cat. Well, a neighbors cat jumped our fence while we were out and our cat has a screened in porch and then a doggy door. But since we were out with her we had the screen door closed. Our cat ran for the back porch but the other cat was closer. And she was attacked before we could run interference for her. I feel so bad. All the vet did was squeeze it. He said it was just a pimple. But it wasnt. all he did was squeeze the infection back inside her body, it didnt open up when he squeezed it. so in a few days it was back. I put rubber gloves on sterilized a needle and popped it and drained it. It filled back up. So now i have to go back to the vet and demand a free visit since he didnt treat her the first time. I discussed the aids subject from Arizona vet. He agreed and mentioned that people are giveing their cats and dogs mrsa. I never mentioned my mrsa to him. He said that the number 1 cause of death for pets is now mrsa, that people arent getting proper treatment for their mrsa's so they end up giving it to their pets. I came home and just cried. But at the same time. He didnt treat my cat properly himself so he is one of the drs not treating mrsa properly. Now i have to go back and request they do a mrsa swab a grow a culture. I just feel so bad. She didnt have this until the cat fight. Im just so mad! People arent getting treated properly and now my cat. Im surprised if i passed it on. My mrsa is in my bone and has never been external. It just moves from one bone to the next via blood stream. I now have irregular heart beats which i never had before so it has now gotten to my heart. So its take antibiotics until the last beat. lrscherer, kerri

08/28/2010 09:06 AM
cupie55
cupie55  

Dear Irisher,

I sm soo sorry to hear about your cat. I have pets too and they are the only thing keeping me keeping me on.. Unconditional Love. I myself am on antibiotics for the rest of my life. I hate it.. but I cant think of any other way. ITs discuting the way we are treated why would they treat an "ANIMAL" better.. I agree some do. but their few and far between.. But all will rack up a bill if they listen to you. Its a sad world.. sometimes I feel the nation is covering it all up due to possibly Germ warfair.. but MRSA has been around too long for that.SOmething is totally not Kosher.. here. BUt we cant worrie how, now we have to worrie about keeping on keepng on.

Sweety keep in touch with us.. and for sure keep us updated.

We care and love you too. even Ms KItty.

Penny

08/28/2010 03:01 PM
lrscherer
lrscherer  

this is lrscherer

now i have mrsa-osteomyelitis. mrsa of the bones. my scars are like yours because they do they oposite of mrsa of skin. Skin mrsa-starts on skin and then ulcers.

By the way i just trimmed my rose bush & i too got stabed once. My usually start from bone and move to another bone via blood. But when i get a skin abrasion or anything in the way of a cut or bruise, it outomaticly goes deep and into the bone. It takes along time to make an ulceration on the bone, first it just looks like a bruise, but a black bruse that will not go away. All i can do is take antibiotics, and slow down the enevatable. So all over my body i have black & blue spots that dont go away. I know one day they will take my upper&lower jaw, lft side of cheekbone, face and part of my lft skull. Its in my Mind.

Right now im out and i need to find another IFD Dr who will write me the scripts, I have to pray my Pain dr will write them or ill have to go to Urgent care.

Not looking

sW00t W00t [url]

08/28/2010 05:44 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hey Kerri this is heart breaking to hear.. On top of all else that has gone on now this. I have 6 kitties of my own and I worry all the time because I knew they can get MRSA and even though the most of it is in my lungs I do have skin lesions also. It's ashame just like with the most of us we don't get good treatment and now your poor kitty didn't. What the MRSA hasn't done to us having to take antibiotics all the time has finished up. I have developed so many alleries now it is slim pickin as to what I can even take. Ghe damage from MRSA is so extentsive that at times they are not even aware what has been affected until it is done and can't be fixed. I am sorry my dear and am here for you also.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved