MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/01/2010 04:04 PM

Joining yet another group

janquito
janquito  

Hi all,

Well, why not join another group? I'd rather not have this 'disease' than join but I'm sure most of you feel the same. I'm also on a few other groups and I'm sure some of you are, too.

Anyway, I'm here because I, too, have Morgellons. I had been diagnosed with Prurigo Nodularis a few months ago and since I didn't see any support group for it on here, Roy helped me start one on here. One day I got a message from a woman telling me I might want to try checking out some sores to see if I have the 'threads' so I did. In a way, I wish I hadn't. So, two days ago I finally decided to call the derm. No one called me back. I called again yesterday. Finally, today the nurse calls back saying Dr. Gallo doesn't need a skin biopsy and that there is medicine for this but to get it I would have to see a psychiatrist. Hmmmm, I don't think so. That got me so depressed! I did talk with a nurse at our county health clinic and she was really nice but didn't know what to tell me.

My youngest son also has this. My hubby and middle son don't want me checking them out.

That is all for now. Hubby is waiting for me to go to the store with him. Hope to chat with some of you later.....

09/01/2010 04:19 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

With you being diagnosed with fibro. and chronic pain etc..I'd next try to get tested for lyme.

All of those things are found in lyme patients...With morgellons popping up now I'd be almost 100% sure you have lyme too....only because SO many do...

Everyone says to immediately change your diet. Go off of sugar and drink half your weight in ounces each day as well as adding some fresh squeezed lemon to some of it.

There are natural antibiotics and supplements that do help. There are many things you can "try" to help the skin but not too many of them work long term.

What have you been rx'd for your skin condition?

WELCOME TO THE GROUP Smile

Post edited by: TaraT, at: 09/01/2010 04:21 PM

09/01/2010 06:23 PM
janquito
janquito  

Hi TaraT, I've seen you at some of the other groups. Thanks for the welcome. I've been tested for Lyme several times. Neg. Most of my blood work does turn out neg. so I never know if it is accurate or not. I'm sure this time it probably is. I presume drinking half your weight in ounces is water you're talking about. Correct? Most days I do but I do slide at times. I go up and down with the sugar too. Mmmm, lemon. Love it. I don't normally have fresh though. I suppose it has to be fresh, huh? I've been diagnosed with eczema, dermatitis, prurigo nodularis, very dry skin and I think that's it. Maybe something else will come to mind but I do think that is all. I was itching super a bit ago so I just showered. I hate this!

09/01/2010 06:43 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Question: Are you anemic too? you sound a lot like me...I am not sure what prurigo nodularis looks like though...but I could imagine.

Yes water haha...

09/01/2010 07:56 PM
janquito
janquito  

No, never been anemic. Always had plenty of iron. Haven't been tested lately but I don't think I'd be. Prurigo Nodularis is alot of sores, scars, skin is rather, um, pigmented? Not sure how to really explain. Words fail me at the moment.

Wink You know, fibro fog and now doesn't this stuff have the memory thing, too? Gees, pretty soon, I won't have a memory left! Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved