MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/21/2010 11:58 AM

Mononucleosis Recovery Question. Anxiety?

sporque

I have had mono for almost 3 months now, and I can say I'm doing a lot better. But instead of being tired a lot when recovering, I've been have bouts of anxiety. I'll feel like I have a nervous stomach, or butterflies in my stomach for no reason. I had this more intense when I was in the acute stage, only then it caused rapid heart beats and nausea for awhile. I just hope it's not a sign the mono is coming back. Has anyone else experienced weird body sensations when recovering from mono? Do they go away?

01/23/2010 09:38 PM
powertool4

Hmm, i have had that but it wasn't due to mono. I never had nausea but the rapid heart beats i did. The nervous stomach i know what you are talking about, and that goes hand in hand with anxiety. Did you do a comprehensive blood test? Any abnormalities?

01/24/2010 05:15 PM
Gretnate

I know how you feel! I have anxiety as well as mono. I got diagnosed around Jan 5th. I have these periods (like today) where the whole day my head will feel fuzzy ( a feeling I associate with anxiety)but it lasts all day long which isn't so much like anxiety. Plus I had the rapid heartbeat thing. It lasted several days and now I am on a beta-blocker. I'm just feeling so SICK of these feelings. I'll be good for like 3 or 4 days and then I'll feel bad again. WHEN WILL IT END????

Also how many people out there have had the rapid heart beat thing with mono???

01/24/2010 05:46 PM
honey158

It seems like that most people who have written on this board, including myself, have had the rapid heart beat. It lasted for me for a month or more. Best advice, drink lots and lots of water.

03/17/2010 09:21 PM
Dave78

I always had some abdominal pains in my lower right side that lasted unfortunately from sept 08 to now. I finally started to test for it. I had a ct scan and upper endoscopy and I was diagnosed with gastritis and very mild yeast and bacterial growth. I am taking prilosec at the request of my gi doc. The pains however are starting to gradually go away. Just wanted to add that.

03/18/2010 11:23 AM
honey158

tell me more about your lower right side abdominal pain. did it get worse when you had to pee in the morning and go away shortly thereafter? was it mild? jabbing?

03/21/2010 01:52 PM
Dave78

It is kind of hard to remember now. I think before I went to the bathroom in the morning it felt like a pretty jabbing pain. Afterward a bowl movement it may have lessened up. When I got stressed or really angry it would usually flare up and be considered a jabbing pain at that point. For the majority of the time it was a constant, mild and bothersome pain. I believe I remember it being worse on a full stomach. It never really caused too much pain it was just a sign that something wasn't right. I hope that helps.

03/21/2010 01:52 PM
Dave78

It was in the lower right abdomen for the majority of the time.

03/29/2010 01:40 PM
honey158

Dave78- How did you get rid of the yeast overgrowth?

I am dealing with this now from the antibiotics I have been taking for 60 days and its getting all in my intestines again.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved