MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/15/2008 05:15 PM

how to get rid of molluscum

wintertimecats

My son is 6 years old and has had this molluscum thing for about 6 months. It is all over one side of his body under his armpit, side and now I am seeing them on his elbows and forearms!!!! We have been to the deratolgist to have them frozen off but they keep popping up in a different place...... Anyone have any advice???? I just ordered some soap and oil treatment called molluscum nomore (havn't gotten it yet) Don't know what else to do... HELP

12/23/2008 10:44 AM
MaricelaLeiva

My 6 yr old child has had the molluscum for months also. I have finally found the solution. Hydrogen Peroxide. I put it in a squirt bottle like the ones they have for dying hair. I stream the hydrogen peroxide on the blisters in the morning and before bed. It burns a little bit but nothing compared to the Dr's office burn that lasted 2 weeks to heal. The hydrogen peroxide bring it to head and then dries it off. It would be quicker if I could drain the papules but she doesn't let me. So this works to get the virus out and it dries it without scars. I have tried everything out there and nothing else has worked. The cream the Dr. prescribed her gives her a rash so intense that it last 2 weeks before her sensitive skin heals. The soap and oil treatment did nothing for us .

12/23/2008 11:12 AM
wintertimecats

Wow! Thats great.... So far now (after going to the dermatologist 5 times to have what they call beetle juice) all 75 of these warts are gone!!! but i will keep the peroxide in mind. Question though, how did you get them to blister first?

12/23/2008 11:35 AM
MaricelaLeiva

The papules or blister or warts whatever you want to call them seem to come to head with the Hydrogen Peroxide. I've just been doing it for a week now but I just stream the liquid onto the papule and after like 2 days you can see them become red and have the top look like it has pus. I continue to use the hydrogen peroxide and it starts to eat away at the papule .Sometimes when I'm doing it I can see the "pus" virus burst out and I dab it with a Q-tip. Other times I see the papule looking "angry red" and with the white stuff almost at the top . By the next morning the lession is dry and the white stuff gone. I'm so happy. I've tried pure aloe from the leaf, betadine, iodine, mercucrome,menthiolate, the remedies sold online, the Drs' prescription , the burning off etc.and they just kept coming.

This treatment is painless for her and inexpensive. I also keep her legs covered at all times so that she doesn't spread it to the other kids.

12/23/2008 02:47 PM
wintertimecats

Thanks! I will keep this in mind if more come about, so far so good and good luck to you! Merry Christmas....

12/24/2008 06:37 AM
MaricelaLeiva

Thank You, same to you and your family.

02/17/2009 09:41 AM
selwood

I know exactly what you are going through my son has been dealing with this also. I ordered some cream a few weeks ago called zymaderm and still haven't heard from this company. Could we email progress or suggestions to each other I am desperate to find out how to get rid of this awful virus. Thanks

02/14/2010 10:37 AM
Meesha

I just got Zymaderm in the mail yesterday and haven't started to use it on my son yet. I will try it and if it doesn't work, will try the Hydrogen peroxide.

Does anyone know if this does go away by age 10? My pediatrician said she doesn't treat it because all of the cases she's had have gone away on their own (in children).

Any info would be appreciated!

Michelle

02/14/2010 01:09 PM
selwood

Hey my name is samantha and my 4yr old son had this virus and I was told from his doctor that it would eventually go away or that they could be burned off. He had around 40-50 of them and they are extremely contagious. I heard about this product called Zymadernm. I bought the liquid and figured it could'nt hurt to try it. Within a week they had almost all dryed up and were gone. This product is amazing and I recommend it to everyone I know. I have even told my sons doctor about it, because they had no clue about this product. Hope this helps you.

samanthaWink

02/14/2010 01:11 PM
selwood

There is a product called Zymaderm that is a liquid. My 4 yr old had this virus 40-50 on his legs and arms. This product was amazing within a week they were already almost gone. Hope this helps.

samantha

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved