MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/10/2010 12:46 PM

Agent Orange

Flitter

I wasn't sure if this groyup is just for active duty spouses or includes the wives of vets from previous wars

Are there any wives here married to Vietnam Vets suffering the effects from Agent Orange exposure? My husband has type 2 diabetes, heart disease, charcot and a host of other issues. Thank God he's so far free of cancer.

Would love to talk to the wives of other Vietnam Vets. I am 52 and live near Austin, Texas

06/16/2010 12:14 AM
Kikchik2491
Kikchik2491  

it's for anyone to join Smile welcome!

however, I can't help you with the agent orange thing. my husband has just been in the military for 6 months now.

06/16/2010 09:35 PM
smilingbre

Hey yes welcome.. Its for anyone to join as kikchik2491 said but sadly I cannot help either my bf has been in the military for. 3 years now almost 4. Welcome to the group and I can't wait to get to know u Smile

smilingbre

Hey yes welcome.. Its for anyone to join as kikchik2491 said but sadly I cannot help either my bf has been in the military for. 3 years now almost 4. Welcome to the group and I can't wait to get to know u Smile

smilingbre

07/02/2010 06:43 AM
Flitter

I guess I'm the old lady in the group Laughing but thanks for the welcome. Will tryu to log in more often. Too many o-line groups as well as work etc.....

Anyone from Texas, more specifically, the Austin area?

07/11/2010 09:45 PM
Kikchik2491
Kikchik2491  

I'm from Lubbock and about to PCS to Fort Hood...so I'll be close to Austin next month

07/13/2010 02:52 AM
smilingbre

I'm sorry I'm in North Carolina.

01/14/2012 12:10 PM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

Agent ORANGE interesting chemical to say the least. Tons of information for you to read online. My father got approved for his agent orange claime this year they gave him 18 years of back pay for his trouble at 2900.00 month. Also please dont just worry about just your husband your children are affected as well if the children was born after he returned from Vietnam. There are 176 illness reported by the CDC from offsprings of the parents that served in Vietnam. Know this is an old post but thought it was worthy of touching base.. Almost all children of the vietnam vets are sick from many different illness's..

07/28/2012 05:38 PM
wvets

I am both a Women vet and the wife of a Vietnam vet. I know how sick we all are. Th town where i did Basic training the water supply was contaminated and we showered in it they used the water to cook in it. There also was contamation of some other bio-chemicals storgaged nere there. There were huts sprayed called tigerland, I know of no caner related to the female who served.I like to be proactive to know to prevent the problems.

WVETs

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved