MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/01/2011 05:54 PM

military sexual trauma

wicketdog65
wicketdog65  

This discussion is about dealing ptsd due to either being raped, assaulted and sexual harrassment. What we have in common, that whater military sexual trauma, we could not just leave the perp. We work with them, or are under them, very different from civilian life.

08/02/2011 02:03 AM
ductydawn
ductydawnPosts: 1153

As with me I lived with them. You must be so filled with secrets so many would never understand. I know what it's like to tell everyone and no one listens, you seem to be the opposite, at the time you couldn't speak out or you we're then labeled. So you had to privately as was as I had, to go through a hell like no other.

Please write anything about this, getting some out of your system is so healings, but speaking in ways you will not trigger yourself.

To me right now PTSD = Injustice,,,,,,,,,,I'm working on many areas, not here, to changed this.

Keep posting, getting it out, lessens the bottle combustion feeling we get.

I do care,

wolf

08/02/2011 03:45 AM
wicketdog65
wicketdog65  

were you in the military

terri

08/02/2011 03:49 AM
ductydawn

No, I was traumatized the same way concentration camp/prisoner of war/satanic cult, during the sixties, same time Vietnam Vets went through less then I did. I love my Vietnam vets, we so understand each other, and I was sexually assaulted in the most heinous of ways, and all weaponry was used, as well as witnessing many deaths.

I was mentored by Sarge, Harold Schaefer, of the wolfhound div. of nam, RIP, and now continue what we gained together to help others with problems like we had.

wolf

08/02/2011 04:01 AM
ductydawn

And there is nothing I don't understand what you went through, my brother Jerry, who passed from Huntington's disease also was sexually traumatized. I understand it all. pm me if you want to get into deeper stuff, hun, I understand from experience.

08/06/2011 04:17 PM
wicketdog65
wicketdog65  

One thing I really learned while in the militry is that you don,t complain, you just accepted it and moved on, that is a good soldier. No matter if you ere traumized.

I have seen is that if a women comes forward about a rape, etc, if you turn them in you raise the possibly of being discharged. That what is happening now, then the perp goes unpunised. It is easier to remove from play these victims, so they can keep at least in the ranks. What is happening to these women makes me very angry. There is a website called my duty to speak, it lets everyone know what is happening in the military. Over the last few months I have learned that I do have a voice that speaks out about what happened tme, and I will not be punished. I don.t think that I will totally not feel like I am still in the military. very common among vets. But, we can speak out about this.

I did learn alot from being in good and bad, If I had known about this kind of trauma, I know I would not have gone in. But, I do feel honored to have erved my Country.

Terri

How do you add pics, I tried and have not been successful.[img size=150]

08/10/2011 02:02 AM
CrazedDreamer
CrazedDreamerPosts: 115

Wicketdog65 and DuctyDawn my heart goes out to you.

What was done to you was wrong on any scale or sense of the the word.

I served in the Military in Israel, and there was real strict zero tolearnce sexual Harrasment policy, for some commanders and soldiers the scariest thing was having a girl bring up charges of sexual harrasment against them.

But if this is a reaction to similar things that you went throught than maybe thats a good thing.

There is no right and no justification for that, it is a crime against you and the uniform and the values that supposedly we stand for when we put on the uniform.

That makes my angry.

In Israel there is a prcoess know as קבילה with an organization called

נציב קבילות החיילים where soldiers can file greivances against superior officers, the office is outside of the military command structure.

I had a friend who filed one, solved the problem although, there was fallout against him in his position so he transferred out.

In the U.S military I see that the main place to report is the MilitaryPolice who from what I read tend to cover up. About a third of all female service members are sexually harrsed.

None the less there is no reason this should go on.

Being civilians again, and not under a military command, I would reccomend writing youre U.S. congressmen, Senator, states attorney, FBI, Governer, heck even file a lawsuit against the Military in a small claims court that doesnt require a lawyer for the proceedings.

I found a video that explained reall well, how to fight such misconduct.

http://www.flexyourrights.com/our_DVDs/watch_DVD_clips

scroll down to the the clip

How to fight Police Misconduct, in it the lawyer explains, how it may not be easy but cops have been let go because of repeated complaints, and major lawsuits have changed the way police behave.

Its not about the military, but it is to my mind the best ray of hope Ive seen to fight back against injustices commited by members of large and powerfull organizations we feel powerless to change.

What was done to you was wrong, and you should never feel like you deserved it no matter what happened.

And if nothing else, know that I belive in you....

Post edited by: CrazedDreamer, at: 08/10/2011 02:04 AM

08/10/2011 04:03 AM
ductydawn

Thank you dreamer, I get all that, but have a passion for the truth, so if a step daughter doesnt' get her way, and calls 911, on a man who did nothing but give her boundaries, and she claims pedophelia,,,,,,on him, regardless if in a court of law he is proclaimed innocent,,,,,,,,,that title never leaves him. A death of a soul occurs.

Yes, I am a ninja , and just tell me where a pedophile is living and I will take care of it,,,,,,,,but I also see the flip side to an innocent man.......just my in put,,,,

08/11/2011 05:05 AM
ductydawn

I was about 19, already dealt with sexual abuse and passed the absvab for the Navy, could have gone any where I wanted, but the way the recruiters spoke to me, made me realize, I would have gone from my past jail, into a new one, so I did not join. They treated me like a piece of meat, and I know I would have remained in the brig for kicking some top players to the world of women are made to be used,,,,,,,it was a shame, and an eye opener.

And I'm pro military, not governmental. I believe that this issue should not rest, and that that anyone associated with these heinous crimes should be court martialed, and exiled.

08/12/2011 05:11 AM
wicketdog65
wicketdog65  

thanks for your input. There is really no one to report any form of sexual trauma too, without major fallout out. The stats now is 1 out of 5 women esperience sexual trauma.

A site that I belong to, called swan fights through congress, etc. to also get a zero tolerance. Maube if these men saw that prison time is mandatory, maybe they would think twice.

terri

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved