MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/22/2010 11:19 PM

New to this group

CjOlsnr
CjOlsnr  

My name is Cj, I'm 17 and have suffered with migraines since I was a young child. I have been seeing my neurologist since Spring of 2007 and nothing has helped with my migraines. Not only do I have migraines, but I just found out yesterday that I have Lyme Disease, and I have also been suffering from TMJ since 2007 and have chronic sinusitis.

I have been on SO many medications, one being depikote which on top of the migraines made me gain 60 lbs in a little over 7 months Angry I later was told that depi isn't a medication they give young women. Would have been nice to tell me that before, ya think?

I have been suffering from "Chronic Daily Headaches" since January, and literally it is a headache every day. Some days I can tolerate them, other days I take 2 migraine pills and off to bed. I'm currently on a regime of 10 mgs of Verapimill, 100 mgs of Topimax, and 50 mgs of Magnesium a day.

My migraines became so bad in February that I left school, was going to the doctor almost every day, and ended up almost getting truancy tickets, although I had doctors excuses that said "We are unable to predict how long this will last" I guess you only understand if you live with them Ermm I will be attending a virtual high school in the fall...hoping that works for me!

Just hoping to meet others who I can relate to on here!

06/23/2010 01:26 AM
HeadacheHeidi
HeadacheHeidi  

Hi Cj welcome to the group, I can definetly relate with the chronic headaches, its been 5 years for me and I too had to drop out of high school. Do keep an eye out for depression as topamax does cause depression on same patience, it took me a few months no realize that it was the pills making me so down. I hope you find relief soon. Feel free to message me to talk

06/23/2010 11:14 AM
kardie
kardie  
VIP Member

Hello CjOlsnr,

Welcome to the group. I'm so sorry your going through all of this at your young age. I have suffered with migrains most of my life but they have become less frequent with age but when I get they are bad!!!

You might also want to check out the Lyme Disease group and the NDPH group. I'm not sure if you have that but its might be helpfull also.

We have a wonderfull group of helpfull, supportive people here, I hope you find all the support you need. Take Care!

Kardie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved