MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/21/2009 11:05 AM

Nerve Conduction Study

hurtallover
hurtallover  

Has anyone ever had one of these done? Can you give me any information on the tests. What was it like, how long did it take? Thanks Smile

03/21/2009 02:51 PM
lisavht
lisavht  

No Never heard of it. Please tell us all you know about it. Are you getting this done? Keep us informed as you find out anything on it. Is this just for your migraines or is is for other medical issues? Can this be used for other medical issues....EG.....Back problems/nerve issues?

03/21/2009 06:37 PM
hurtallover
hurtallover  

Yes I am having it done on Monday. It is for migraines, I have Hemiplegic Migraines and my neuro is concerned about nerve damage in my left leg and left arm. I have been having way to many HM's over the last 3 months my left leg is beginning to drag just a tiny bit when I walk. So time to check it out I guess. I think time to STOP them! But we can't seem to get that done either. I believe that they do them for other issues as well involving nerve problems.

04/02/2009 10:58 AM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

never heard of it before

04/02/2009 05:30 PM
Lazy1
Lazy1  

Hello, If it's an EMG. It hurts, I'm not trying to scare you, but mine hurt. I didn't watch him do it, but they shock different nerves and take a readout to see if there is nerve damage. I cannot stand being shocked, even touching a person in the winter type of shock. For some, it probably doesn't hurt. PM me with any questions.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved