MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/01/2011 09:23 PM

triggers

Teppy000
Teppy000  

Hi all,

I have chronic migraines. I have had them since I was a child. They have gotten worse as my meds no longer prevent them as they should. I am trying to find my triggers. I started a lactose free diet yesterday in the hopes that I could narrow this stuff down.

Has anyone had success with this? Not able to see my Nero again till May. I have missed at least one day of work every week since November.

03/01/2011 09:41 PM
davesprettylady

I started getting chronic migraines in March (prior to that I only had them during my menses). I asked my neuro if there was a special diet that I should be on, he gave me a "migraine diary" to track when my migraines occur and what triggers them. Each day I right down what my pain levels were for the morning, afternoon and evening, as well as any foods I have eaten, meds I have taken and stimuli (i.e. flashing lights etc.) I have been exposed to. When I go back to him next month we will look at it and see what I should do next in regards to diet. For now I have eliminated caffiene. Since I will see my neuro before you on the 18th I'll let you know what happens.

Glad you're here, I look forward to getting to know you. Smile

- Jen

03/02/2011 06:46 AM
kardie
kardie  
VIP Member

Hi Teppy000,

Sorry to hear about the constant migraine pain. Myself I never did connect my migraines to diet but I know a lot of people do have problems with food triggering Migraines.

I have alergies and I know when I have problems with alergies I also get more migraines. Also the constant change in the weather is bad for me.

Is it possable for your regular Dr. to try you an a new preventative? It might be worth a shot?

Good luck with finding your triggers. Hope you find relief soon. Take Care!

Kardie

03/02/2011 07:18 AM
Teppy000
Teppy000  

They have tried all the possible preventatives. I got a 2nd opinion just to see if that were true, and sure enough. The next thing they want to try is Botox, but my Dr isn't doing it yet so I just have to wait.

03/04/2011 01:45 PM
Teppy000
Teppy000  

I got called a migrainure for the first time yesterday. I was told that I will always be a migrainure but that there is hope and that my migraines could be less often (then the daily they are now) and less intense. I have hope, but sometimes I forget to hope.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved