MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/26/2010 08:36 PM

Anyone tried a local chronic pain support group?

katgreeneyes

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone has tried a pain support group that meets locally. Or have you found enough support online? I have just started here. I am trying to get some sort of support system built up that is better than what I currently have. Right now I rely too heavily on my family and one/two friends. I need to have a couple of people I can call and cry to when I am in terrible pain with a number 10 migraine. Somehow, it relieves a lot of stress from the pain to cry and talk to someone. I am not sure about talking about online as I am usually pretty out of it. Anyway, just looking for suggestions or details about how to better use this site or others. Thanks! Katherine

07/26/2010 08:45 PM
scorpioj
scorpioj  
VIP Member

Hi katgreeneyes,

Joining a pain group was really helpful to me and I asked for counselling to help with depression and adjusting to all the changes. I think it is a good idea. I encourage you to try it and come here as well. The more support the better!

Good Luck - keep us posted!

scorpioj

07/26/2010 10:52 PM
KEATWEI

nice to share it here..i am also new in this group...

07/27/2010 08:25 AM
ShawnaZ
ShawnaZ  

Welcome Katgreeneyes..

I have not tried a local chronic support group. Never thought there would be one in our community. I should take that under advisement. However, I am sure you understand, when you are in so much pain, I would rather just dig a hole and crawl in it.

Have you been to one? Are they good support?

Hope we can help here on-line,

ShawnaZ Smile

08/01/2010 08:28 PM
KEATWEI

ya. agree...but social support make us feel strong

08/04/2010 10:18 PM
kardie
kardie  
VIP Member

Hello Katherine,

I'd like to welcome you to the group. We have some wonderfull people here that offer support and help whenever possible. We don't have a local pain support group so I can't offer help with that but I'm glad you've found us and I hope you find all the support you need. Take Care!

Kardie

08/04/2010 10:41 PM
KEATWEI

how are u Katherine??.everything ok?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved