MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/10/2010 12:50 PM

reverse cervical lordosis

BrandiJo

Hey guys, i have a question. i was at the hospital this past weekend with a SEVER migraine. they did a CT of my neck and it says i have reverse cervical lordosis. i am waiting for my doctor to call me back to explain what that means. but when i searched online it says that it can cause migraines. has anyone heard of this? does anyone have this? please let me know... i am currious to see if this is the cause of all my pain for all these years!Blink

05/18/2010 03:02 PM
manda24

I think I can shed a little light on reverse cervical lordosis: I am a massage therapist and I work for a wonderful chiropractor. I have also had migraines since the 6th grade. Something my doctor does for every single chiropractic client is to take xrays and then describe how their spine is different from "optimal", or the healthiest possible degree of curve. Cervical means your neck vertebrae, lordosis is the natural curve of your neck towards the front of your body. This curve is what holds up our heads with the best support and neutral muscle positions of front and back neck muscles. So, I'm guessing that you and I are similar in that our neck vertebrae curve backwards, or the wrong way.

As a massage therapist, I can attest that tightness in the front of your neck can pull the vertebrae around like that. For myself, regular adjustments and monthly massage therapy have started to put the curve back in my neck and I no longer feel the need to yank my neck around when I have a migraine. The migraines are less severe but still happen when I'm stressed or accidentally introduce lots of triggers. But it's a huge step forward for me and put a reason I can understand on at least part of my pain. Hope this helps you too and have a great day!

05/19/2010 06:59 AM
BrandiJo

thanks for the reply. i was starting to think that i am the only person that has this. the pain seems to be getting worse and worse. i have to "pop" my neck over and over through-out the day or it just stiffens up.at night i have to put ice packs on the back of my neck to ease the pain. i am prescribed flexiril... but i cant take it in the daytime, b/c it makes me loopy. and if i take it at night, i have a hard time waking up the next morning. looks like i am goign to have to find a chiropracter that does work for this.

thanks again for the reply. i was starting to feel alone!

06/02/2010 06:34 PM
luvcthateba

hello brandi jo, you are not alone 11 years of migraines ans I have grade 2 reverse loridodis I am also a nuse. I found it helpful to give up my pillow and sleep on my belly.

Erin Dunn

06/02/2010 06:35 PM
luvcthateba

ask for skelaxin won't make you drowsy! Smile

06/03/2010 05:22 AM
BrandiJo

is skelaxin a muscle relaxer???? i see my neurologist in 2 weeks. i would love to get this pain and just utter stiffness under control. i live in florida, and right now is rainy season. (always a very sensitive time for me and my migraines)... but it seems like EVERYDAY i am having to take my pain meds. I HATE IT! have you ever heard of a Cranial Scracial therapy?

06/03/2010 09:33 AM
greenleetaylor
greenleetaylor  

Skelaxin is a muscle relaxant, but it may not be covered. I agree though, it's the best muscle relaxant out there

06/03/2010 10:47 AM
BrandiJo

any specific reason why it wouldnt be covered by insurance?

06/03/2010 12:00 PM
ShawnaZ
ShawnaZ  

Hello BrandiJo,

As far as insurance, call your insurance and see if it is covered by your policy. You might have a loop hole in your policy that does not cover for this diagnosis (unfortunately). However, it might cover for the diagnosis of migraine. Get the list of diagnosis that it will be covered for - IF this is the issue.

If not, remember as the patient YOU have the right to an appeal process. In coorespondance withe physician, sometimes you can get a procedure covered. BUT be very careful every step of the way. They might approve it, but it might not get coded right in the office...

Good luck, ShawnaZ.

It just is a pain when a person is already not feeling well and then has to use your head to protect our "patient rights" when it comes to insurance coverage Sad

06/03/2010 12:48 PM
luvcthateba

skelaxin islike a muscle relaxant, but does not make you drowsy. It's works differently I can't explain it, but it does make you mouth dry.

Cranial sacral treatment i have not heard of. but have you thought of cortizone shots in your neck last 4-6 month, could help you.

here is onfo site for skelaxin, aka Metaxelone (generic name)

http://www.drugs.com/skelaxin.html

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved