MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/30/2011 10:45 PM

Don't want the divorce.

Sippy

I'm trying to weather the blame, the neglect, the affair. I truly believe it's a MLC but he says no. I asked to please go to own therapist he says no. I cook, clean, laundry, schedule for him, but should I?

10/31/2011 07:04 AM
RCR

MLCers deny MLC; so do not bring up MLC with him. MLCers refuse counseling and it will not work anyway if there is an ongoing affair or if one person is working against the marriage--such as if he is trying to leave.

Learn all you can about MLC--google search.

Learn about the stages and about what you need to do if you want to Stand for your marriage.

I recommend Jim Conway's book Men in Midlife Crisis.

In addition learn about the nature of infidelity. MLCers don't just end the affair--even when they say they have. MLC affairs last a few years and are fraught with emotional blackmail. So learning about what to do after an affair may not be helpful during the affair. Learn about the psychology of infatuation and infidelity to help you understand what might be going on.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved