MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/23/2010 05:55 PM

Meth, strippers and my marriage

Beachygirl
Beachygirl  

My husband of 19 years is an unmedicated bipolar. I thought that was all I had to deal with. he abandoned me and our 2 girls 6 months ago-to go look for a job out of state and "find himself". I have always trusted this man and blindly believed in his love. What i have found out is that he now uses and abuses meth, has been sleeping with bar whores and strippers all over the Gulf Coast and is behaving like he never had a family at all. I do not know much about drugs, but I cannot understand this behavior. Can anyone shed light on this so that i can retain what little self-esteem i have left and move on for my daughters? Thank you-

03/23/2010 08:09 PM
steve571
steve571  
VIP Member

welcolmto the group. im so sorry this as happened to u. when u first start using meth it makes u feel like ur ontop the world. can do anything. but then when its comedown time an u been up couple days u need do anoughther blast to keep u going that day..then ur up all night again. it keeps going that way..u know that mabe u should stop..but y? ur reasoning gets distorted..it starts to cloud ur emotions an feelings till u just dont really care anymore.an after u been using it on a daily basis..the thought of stopping are very hard to do. for after u do stop the last blast an u finally get lil rest ..ur body is beat up..mind beat up..no energy do anything..get very mean..iritible..then the depression sets in an being bi polar{i also am bi polor}it just makes it all more worse for get flooded with feelings again an there not good. after being together for 19 years ..it would have to wear on his mind..eats him up on the inside. but after awile dont know how to fix it anymore . feel like u failed..so y bother trying anymore? i lost 7 years my life to meth on a daily using habit. i lost everything several times over ..an its so not worth it. im sorry . i really am.

03/23/2010 08:43 PM
Beachygirl
Beachygirl  

Thank you Steve for your insight. I just do not understand how this man that had everything now is homeless(by choice) and has walked out on people that loved him unconditionally. he hasnt even had to work for the last 5 years. I don't think of that as a bad life. I know this has nothing to do with me, but he always knew my dealbreaker was adultery and he doesn't seem to care. he takes 120mg of adderall daily and still likes meth. What will happen to this man?

03/23/2010 11:51 PM
steve571
steve571  
VIP Member

i dont know what will happen..but what i do know is untill he is ready able to see what he is doin to himself..he will not stop..some kinda rock bottom must be hit . perhaps its time u moved on? cocentrate on just u an the girls well being instead of wasting emotional energys on somthing u cant change.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved