MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/16/2013 05:35 PM

Evaluation results

icepick
icepick  

I had a full phych evaluation and got the results a few days ago.... I am well aware that many times people have multiple diganoses and I was one of them. I am just curious if anyone here is willing to share a similar experience, how treatment went (what treatment was used) and medications prescribed??? Which meds were successful. How are you doing today...etc.

I have major depression and generalized anxiety disorder. They are my "primaries". Those symptoms (on the test) also elevated sub categories of schizophrenia and borderline disorder,though do not have the diagnosis for either one of those. I also may have OCD and ADHD but they too could be because of the primaries. So he "hopes" to rule them out.

I have Misophonia (hatred of sound... chewing, typing, breathing, etc etc etc.....) also known as 4S. Related to that I also have sensory "defensiveness" similar to SPD. I am also bulimic.

I have PTSD after witnessing a brutal crime and still have flashbacks.

I'm overwhelmed, I am also in treatment for alcohol and drug dependency, and am just getting started with the therapy.

Just hoping I'm not alone and that there is a light at the end of this long tunnel.

I was told I cannot work and am pretty devastated about that, though intend to get back to work as soon as I can.

Thanks

Post edited by: icepick, at: 09/16/2013 05:36 PM

09/16/2013 05:46 PM
Torres15
Torres15  
VIP Member

I think I have heard of Misophonia. It is like the stereotypical running nails down a chalkboard, except you hear it for sounds that don't bother most people. Right?

I don't know that I would have recognized the term without your description though.

Thanks for sharing your results with us. I hope you do get to work again but if not, there are plenty of other worthwhile things you can do.

09/16/2013 05:59 PM
icepick
icepick  

Misophonia (hatred of sound). Soft noises, like breathing, chewing, typing, untensils hitting bowls, plates, slurping, gulping, certain voices, consonant sounds (s,p, k,c,x) all cause varied reactions. Panic, disgust, crying, rage, self injury. Fight or flight. Then I obsessively hear the sound over and over in my head for minutes-hours following. Their is a mdjunction board if you're ever curious. For some reason nails on a chalkboard never bothered me.

09/16/2013 06:15 PM
Torres15
Torres15  
VIP Member

Interesting that nails on chalkboards never bothered you. Maybe I will look at the Misophonia board. It's not the same extreme as what you have but one thing that bothers me is the feeling of tearing cotton balls. I hate it. But I'm glad there is a board on MDJ so you can have people who do understand.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved