MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/19/2012 04:44 PM

New to the Group

maryandjimmie
maryandjimmie  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi everyone, I am new to the group and yrs ago use to be able to see a dr for my mental health but since moving to Fresno Ca and them changing my insurance now im not seeing anyone. I have other medical conditions which makes my depression even worse and now that im in pain all day everyday due to fibro/nuropathy and osteo artheritas I am not sleeping good or eating good which is not helping I find myself feeling all alone and crying all the time.

Mary

04/19/2012 10:50 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Mary! Can you get a doctor that takes your insurance? I'm sure there are some out there. I'm your neighbor from Clovis, Ca. I hope you can get in to see someone soon. I'm sorry you are in so much pain and it's making your depression worse. Sleep is really important as well as eating good. You need to keep yourself healthy. I'm sorry that you are feeling so alone. You have everyone here on the site and I hope you are getting enough support here. This group can be slow, but I'm glad you joined. I think you should really get some medications for your pain and depression. I hope that you can find someone that takes your insurance very soon. Welcome to the group!

04/20/2012 07:10 AM
maryandjimmie
maryandjimmie  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Joy,

Thank you for the welcome my pain dr recomended me to someone but calviva wont pay for it and I am on disability and cant afford to pay on my own. Wow you are my neighbor my brother who helps me lives in Clovis the only people i have in my life that care is my son and my brother Steven no one else really cares about me. Its so nice to have someone to talk to so thank you again.

Mary

04/20/2012 10:31 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I suggest what you do is what I'm going to do and go with the county of Fresno mental health program. I'm waiting on a call from them to see someone. It's a clinic that helps with medications and doctors through the county. It is taking forever for them to get back to me though, but I'll let you know about how it is when I get in. You should call them through the behavioral center for the county. I don't have the number, but I can search for it. I lost my job and insurance in February, so this is the route I am taking. I'm sorry you have so little support in your life. You get a lot of support here. You can talk to me anytime you like. I hope things are going okay today.

04/20/2012 03:36 PM
maryandjimmie
maryandjimmie  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Joy,

Thank you for the information I will look into it and see if I can get seen there. Wow you are close thank you so much for your help and the welcome. Things are getting worse right now so my depression is at a high today but im trying to deal with it and stay strong.

Mary

04/20/2012 04:40 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry that your depression is so high today. That isn't good. You are a strong person though and you will get through it. I hope that you do look into the county help. I hope that it is good since I don't have experience with them yet. I also hope that this depression subsides soon. It's hard when we are depressed.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved