MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/19/2009 04:37 AM

Feeling Lonely

MissMuddle
MissMuddle  

It's true that you can have a million people around you and still feel lonely...I split with my fiance two weeks ago...he was my best friend but it was a very volatile destructive relationship so for probably the 20th time in two year i decided it would be best if we parted....and vowed this time to stay strong and not give in....it's been going well but as usual after the two week period i am starting to feel that yearning....i would really appreciate some words of advice/wisdom/encouragement

Thank you Smile

Marian

01/19/2009 04:50 AM
MissMay1977

Hi Marian.

Yes, I do know what it feels like to be surrounded by people and still feel alone. I experienced that recently. I have been in a similiar situation and here is what I did when I started missing him. I put together a list of why I made the decsion I made. Try making a list about why you decided to part with him. You might feel better after you look at the list and realized you made the right decision. Also, call up a friend that you knew BEFORE you got with your fiance. That will help you remember that that although he is your best friend, you still have had other good friends as well. THis is a good time to do something for you. Pamper yourself during this time sweetie- you deserve it. I hope this helps some. Let us know how you are doing...

01/19/2009 04:56 AM
MissMuddle
MissMuddle  

Thank you MissMay Smile That's a really good idea and i will do that, i was actually thinking about and old school friend who was there for me a lot so i may get in touch with her.

Thank you for your support it means a lot,this group also helps me stay stronger

Marian

01/19/2009 05:46 AM
MissMay1977

You are so welcome Marian. Go ahead and contact that old school friend. That is a great idea! Let us know how you are doing dear.

We care.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

01/19/2009 06:11 AM
MissMuddle
MissMuddle  

I will and thank you again Smile (((hugz)))

01/19/2009 08:50 AM
jritchie
jritchie  
VIP Member

MissMay is right; I do that a lot in decision making. I make a heading with Pro and one with Con and list them honestly. I put a star next to the ones that matter a LOT. Then I look at the list. It helps me make a decision based on some reality, not just feelings.

Good luck hun! You're not alone here, you got us! Smile

01/19/2009 09:18 AM
depressedNEUROTIC

this has been the topic of my worries for a while now. i feel like im the only one with borderline in this city (i know im not) and its very isolating.

my family is crazy but none of them want to talk about anything or even acknowledge it. i feel so alone ALL of the time.

01/19/2009 09:24 AM
MissMuddle
MissMuddle  

Thank you jritchie, the people here give such good advise and it's really great to have you all around especially at times like this. Smile

and DN it does feel at times you are the only person in the world feeling the way you do...all i can say is it's good you recognise that you can talk about it,though maybe like your family sometimes people feel it's like admitting you are a faliure when it's just not true,the people who tend to ignore it and bury it and sweep it under the carpet are the ones who will feel worse sadly

Hugz Marian

01/19/2009 09:35 AM
depressedNEUROTIC

you are so right.

once i meet more people like me in this city i will feel less alone but i will always feel a little bit alone...

its part of the illness.

01/19/2009 10:20 AM
jritchie
jritchie  
VIP Member

DN, I have that, too. The loneliness, and the feeling that I can never love anyone. Sucks. But really, 1 in 5 people have some sort of MI. So there are a lot of people struggling.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved