MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/23/2010 08:51 AM

I'm new.

Fallen
Fallen  

I'm Cassie and I'm 16. I suffer from depression, low self-esteem, I cut myself (trying to quit. It's been almost 3 weeks now!!), and I sometimes strave myself or force myself to throw up. I'm not looking for attention or sympothy just some support. I need as much as I can get as I'm sure everyone on this site does. That's why we're here right? To just get a little support.

11/23/2010 09:29 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group Cassie. I suffer from bipolar disorder. i have a lot of depression and have for my whole life. I know what it's like to have depression as well as low self esteem. You are doing great at not cutting. I'm very proud of you. You can work on throwing up too, just believe in yourself. You will find a lot of support on this site and understanding people. That is exactly why everyone is on this site. To get support. I'm happy you have decided to join. This group is a little slow, but we will answer you and support you. If you ever need someone, you can message me anytime you like. I will be here for you. I am a very good listener and I will help you out as much as I can. I think you will like this site and find much support here. I look forward to getting to know you. We love you here and care about you so much.

11/23/2010 10:06 PM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
VIP Member

Fallen, welcome to the group. It is wonderful that you have gone three weeks without cutting. "One day at a time" is a great way to think about recovery. I agree with Joy, that you can work on your throwing up some day too. Please PM me any time if you need support or just some positive reinforcement. And post about your concerns any time.

11/26/2010 12:43 PM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello Cassie and welcome. You are not alone a lot of us suffer from various mental disorders, i have bipolar I and have anxiety and in the past have had addiction issues. I was 18 when i had an involunary hospitalization in a psych. ward, spend 9 wks now this was a long long time ago was back in 1982, felt my world was crashing down on me. Please do not give up hope, i almost did back then but eventually i got the supports lined up and did get back on my feet again, i know you will too. Glad you've found this group, looking forward to seeing more of you.

Post edited by: Dit, at: 11/26/2010 04:38 PM

11/29/2010 08:41 AM
Fallen
Fallen  

Thanks. I was involuntaryly hospitalized too last year at the end of October. My parents found out I was cutting and I attempted suicide so I was locked up and a million other things happened that caused my life to spiral out of control. Compared to this time last year I'm a million times happier but I still want to cut, I still get depressed, I still hate myself. I break down, I cry alot, but some part of me is getting better. I can feel it. It's taken alot to get as good off as I am and it's going to take alot more till i'm completely better. One day though...maybe...i'll be free from all of this.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved