MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/27/2012 05:06 PM

Bioidentical Hormone Pellets(page 7)

falconer52

I just got my first insertion on Mar. 23 which was 4 days ago and I have a bruise where he placed them and it's still very sore to the touch. Is this normal? The insertion point has healed nicely. Thanks for any info.

KC

--- The discussion has been locked ---

03/27/2012 06:46 PM
azsunshine
azsunshinePosts: 517
Group Leader

KC,

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't get a bruise. It might be tender for a couple of weeks. 4 days is not that long. How big is the bruise? How experienced is your doctor? I'm not sure that matters, but I would think it does. It also depends on how deep he put the pellets.

When my husband got pellets the first time, his whole butt cheek was purple! It was his doctor's very first pellet insert ever! I freaked out! But the pharmacist that makes those pellets told me not to worry, he bruised like that too.

Nancy

03/28/2012 04:31 AM
falconer52

Thanks Nancy. The bruise is normal size contained to maybe 1/2 dollar size right over where he placed the pellets. It's just sore to the touch and feeling better by the day. My sister has been on pellets for 3 years and has really never had a problem with bruising or soreness so we were alittle concerned. I watched the procedure be preformed on video online and now I understand why I have a bruise and I'm sore. Glad I didn't see that before I went to the DR. LOL Now just looking forward to feeling better.

Glad I found this forum...learning so much.

KC

04/20/2012 02:28 PM
falconer52

Okay went back for my 4 week Appt and my FSH is down to 5 from 14 My Estradiol is 83 up from 80 and my Total T is 589. The doc says everything okay except T is high should I be concerned? My Doc didn't seemed concerned but it kinda freaked my out I don't want to end up with acne or hair growing in places it shouldn't. I had very low testerone and progestrone and was Estrogen dominant when I was first tested. Does anyone know why I would shoot up so fast in the Testerone? How can I bring it down? Thanks KC

04/20/2012 03:01 PM
azsunshine
Group Leader

Remember, I am not a doctor, but OMG! Your T is skyhigh! The highest my T has been at 12 weeks is 163. And you E is very, very low. I would be suicidal at 83. And the difference between 80 and 83 is is almost nothing. I like mine above 250.

I don't see where you say if you are in natural or surgical menopause. If in Natural, too much E will make you bleed. However, 83 is still really.

Your E and T are so far apart. I think you T is about the highest I've ever seen it in anyone.

I'd be asking for more E for sure.

Now, the important question....how do you feel? If you feel good, then levels really don't matter.

Nancy

04/20/2012 04:47 PM
falconer52

Well I had a partial hysterectomy 7 years ago because my ovaries were fine. The DR. said he was okay with my E cause he didn't want it to go up any more since I was E dominant and happy my FSH came down to 5. I am on oral drops of progesterone also. I didn't ask what my doses were...I guess I should have. He just advised me to come back in 2 1/2 months for blood work and then reinsertion 2 weeks after. I feel okay. My hot flashes are gone and my energy level is back. I'm sleeping alot better. I'm not angry or irritable so I guess as long as I feel good I won't worry about it to much. I was just so surprised by it. If I start growing chest hair I'll be making a phone call LOL!!

04/20/2012 05:58 PM
azsunshine
Group Leader

Well, then if you feel better, that's really what is important!

04/25/2012 03:13 PM
TLWelcome

Hello, I enjoyed reading your results from the Pellets. I have been on the pellets since 9/2011 & I have had wonderful results. I have lost 45 pounds, my sex drive is through the roof, sex is all together much more enjoyable, my hot flashes are GONE, yes!! GONE!!!! My mood swings are GONE. I can seriously say the pellets have saved my life. I joke and say I would have either been in jail for murder (from MY moodiness, people constantly set me off) or I would have been in my own grave for getting murdered (I was such a B*@CH to everyone around me). But in all seriousness, the pellets have changed my life for the better. I had a hysterectomy at 21, I dealt with years and years of misery. I didn't sleep, I had ZERO sex drive, my husband would try to 'play' and I had no desire, I would either completely shut him down or 'suffer' through dry, miserable sex. I would talk to my gyno ( a man), and he would change my hormone pills, tried gels & creams & patches, with no results. At my complete breaking point, I started a new gyno dr (a female, in all hopes that a woman would understand I was at my absolute breaking point). She immediately did blood work, said my levels were basically ZERO. She put me on a 50,000 iu vitamin d pill per week, started me on vitamin b shots twice a month, and gave me the first injection of testosterone and progesterin pellets in Sept 2011, I was 34, and had been suffering for 13 years. My life has been soooooooo much better since that day!!!! I have been having to go every 2 months to get the pellets replaced though. My body was so deprived for sooooo many years, my dr says I am just using what it needs, so I have to wait til my levels 'stable out' and hopefully I will be able to make it to the 4-6 month period that the pellets are supposed to last. With that said, that is my ONLY complaint about getting the pellets. It is very expensive, and with me having to go every 2 months, it is adding up the cost and I am also starting to build up scar tissue in my abdomin, which is painful over time. I have these 'knots' on each side of my abdominal area. My dr swaps sides when I get the pellets, once on my right, then on my left, then on my right, etc. So I am wondering if there is any suggestions for these issues?? I ask the dr about putting in more pellets, so that I wouldn't have to come back so frequently, she said that if she does that, then in the first few weeks I would get too high a dose of the hormones. Soooooo, any suggestions???? Do you build up scar tissue the same as I am? Thanks so much for your help!

04/25/2012 06:07 PM
sumerlady

Hi, I wish I had that good results. I see no change and this is my second set. And my insurance company just rejected my claim - no surprise - so I got a bill for the two rounds of $600. I am wondering what to do next. Maybe it is just me. AND I have gained 15 pounds and have not lost it. Thought it was water weight but it has been 3 months and it is not gone.

04/25/2012 09:44 PM
azsunshine
Group Leader

I will reply more in depth tomorrow, but it might not be you. It might be the dosages. Don't give up. Keep a chart of dosages and how you feel.

I firmly believe, that when pellets aren't working optimally, it's normally the dosage and not the person.

nja

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 7 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved