MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/03/2008 09:16 AM

Estroven and weight gain..and hard to lose

itslisa75
itslisa75  

Has anyone taken the over the counter Estroven and then gained weight? It happened to me...goodness knows I'd rather have hot flashes then weight gains. So, I stopped with the meds and I have an appointment this Thursday. Hoping they do a hormone panel on me. I think the estroven mimics estrogen. So too much estrogen can wreck more havoc on an already out of balance hormone system, leaving you estrogen dominant, therefore you get a weight gain and Lord knows it's been h*ll taking it off. Last itme I self medicate.

05/04/2008 08:58 AM
mommyofsix / Friend2U
mommyofsixFriend2U  
I'm an Advocate

How are you doing? I haven't taken any medication for menopause yet. I might have to soon!W00t Blink I feel like I'm going crazy!

I'm going through premature menopause because of a hysterectomy! It's terrible! I have alot of other health problems to go along with it! If you have any advice, I'd appreciate it. I can't afford to gain anymore weight. I gained 35 pounds with another medication for fibromyalgia! W00t It isn't as easy to lose it! Dizzy

I hope you are doing well! Your friend,, Chris Cool

05/04/2008 09:07 AM
itslisa75
itslisa75  

Its too wierd! Today I got back on the &*%%% scale and the 5 pounds is gone. Hmmm. I have been taking anti-inflamatories because I pulled an upper back muscle during a work out, but I stopped on Thursday.

So just for the heck of it I googled Naproxen (anti inflamatory med), low and behold, a side affect is water retention.

I did run a 1/2 marathon yesterday and I probably sweat out all that I was holding on to.

I still won't go back to using Estroven even though it stopped my night sweats. They have not returned and I have a MD appt. this Thursday.

Love & Peace

Lisa

05/06/2008 04:19 PM
mommyofsix / Friend2U
mommyofsixFriend2U  
I'm an Advocate

Wow! It sounds as if you're in great shape! Running a marathon! Good for you!!! Smile I hope that I can figure out how to lose some of this weight I have put on since my hysterectomy and premature menopause!

Keep in touch. Your friend, Chris Cool

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved