MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/30/2012 01:10 PM

Menopausal depression

Salad

I had a total hysterectomy in dec 2010. About a month after I started feeling depressed. I was takin celesta and estradiol. The mood swings and depression have only got worse. I recently went back to the dr and he put me on Zoloft. I have only been on it for 8 days. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I told my husband that I didn't love him anymore out of the blue. But then today I feel like I love him. I'm driving both of use crazy. Are theses feelings normal

Sick

02/02/2012 05:48 AM
BeccaSpitfire
BeccaSpitfire  
I'm an Advocate

yes, actually they are* It's really tough when you first have a hyster. I know.. I had to go one year without hormones too* I thought I was losing my mind.. Felt like I was on emotional roller coaster!! And when was this gonna stop* I'd continue working with your dr. (remember it's your body not theirs) hang in there! pm me anytime* I understand the one day hormones fine and surgery the next and everything feels crazy & unbalanced.. I didn't go into menopause gradually either so, I understand the signs others speak about as they go into such.. most dr.'s will tell you to give that anti-depressant..in your case Zoloft (I've been on in the past) about 2 weeks to feel a difference.. my heart goes out to you! ((hugs))

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved