MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/29/2012 02:30 PM

Going crazy with this menieres disease

hoggy

Is anyone else going crazy with this disease let me know so im not the only one that feals this way

05/30/2012 06:34 PM
dizzylicho

Yes, this disease makes one a bit crazy and eccentric. So you are not alone!

All my best,

Licho

05/30/2012 08:22 PM
Sparta

I am 100% with you!

07/13/2012 05:54 PM
dizzylicho

Renee,

My feelings are the same. It's a tough disease.

All my best,

Licho

09/10/2012 08:13 PM
dlmorris76

It is a tough disease....hang in there and keep trying different things. Remember...what works for one may not work for another so you have to keep trying!!

09/11/2012 07:02 PM
dizzylicho

Diddo! Please keep trying and fighting; don't let it win!

All my best,

Licho

10/20/2012 09:57 PM
lkloven

yes.. I just joined because I feel desperate. I have been diagnosed about 10 years ago now. Taking up to 80 mg of lasix now but the meniers is getting worse and worse as time goes by. Iv had inner ear shots 2 different times with no success. I am having dizziness on a daily basis now and I feel very alone and isolated in this. . It's a silent disease. And it causes depression .. So I feel like I can't control my emotions. This " having no control" makes me feel crazy. I just want someone to cry with who can relate.

10/21/2012 07:09 PM
dizzylicho

Hi InkLoven,

It's horrible condition that you cannot allow it to take over your life. Please see the note below. Watch your salt, sugar, processed foods, stress level, alcohol intake and if possible, definitely see a nutrionist to help you with your meals.

Welcome and I hope you're feeling much better. My advice to you is to follow a low-salt, low-sugar , no processed foods, no caffeine and no alcohol diet. You should see an ENT or neurotologist whichever one knows how to treat Meniere's and has experience treating this condition. There's also a theory that MD is caused by a virus and some doctors prescribe Acyclovir or Valtrex and some of these physicians are listed below however your doctor may be of help. Taking vitamins is also very helpful please click on the following links for more information about vitamins/supplements: http://www.menieres-disease.ca/karin_david.htm, www.menieresfoundation.org/johnsregimen.htm

I have also tried acupuncture treatments, massage therapy and meditation through imagery. These modalities have alleviated some of my symptoms.

And Dr. Richard Gacek in Worcester, MA

UMass Memorial Medical Center

University Campus

55 Lake Avenue North, HA-221

Worcester, MA 01655

508-856-4162

Dr. Richard Gacek in Mobile, AL

2880 Dauphin Street

Mobile, AL 36606

Phone: (251) 473-1900

Please note that this advice is being given because I want to help and because I know how it is to lose one's independence; however, it is not intended to be a cure or the answer to all that ails us with MD.

All my best,

Licho

01/10/2013 08:46 AM
mem7317

Yes it is a silent disease, I agree. It is also strange enough to make us crazy. The symptoms suck and for those of us who suffer daily, it is all we can do to maintain sanity. I honestly believe that they probably institutionalized people back in the 30s-50s with this problems because they probably thought they were crazy. When you have an illness that is not seen physically, then people doubt it which means it is all in our heads. When it literally is all in our heads. LOL. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It ruins relationships/marriages. Hurts children who don't understand. Makes people look at you strangely. It would be easier if MD was more visual but it is a disease that doesn't kill you. People understand those diseases that kill you but not the ones that make you suffer.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved