MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/11/2010 03:24 PM

Teeth Hurting

karatemom

About the time all my symptoms hit (severe hearing loss, vertigo, headaches, ringing in ears, pressure and pain), my teeth became very sensitive. Has anybody else dealt with this? Is it something with Meniere's or should I see a dentist too?

12/12/2010 07:08 PM
doublenickel

This is an interesting comparison... I'm not sure of the timing, but I believe somewhere around the time Meniere's hit me, I was having to get my teeth cleaned 3x a year instead of 2x.....my teeth were so sensitive when cleaning, I would almost cry having them cleaned...I stated using sensitive toothpaste and after a couple years, I was able to go back to having my teeth cleaned the normal 2x year. I will forever use sensitive toothpaste and soft toothbrushes. And you don't have to buy the pricey Sensodyne toothpaste for good results. I use Aquafresh Senstive. Good luck.

Leslie

12/13/2010 04:57 PM
karatemom

I am using Sensodyne. I found an interesting website where a dentist was talking about mercury toxins. I have metal fillings that probably have mercury in them. I also got a flu shot (has mercury in it) around the same time that these symptoms showed up. I'm going tomorrow or Wednesday to have my blood drawn and mercury levels checked. Not sure if it will help, but it's worth a try.

12/13/2010 07:14 PM
carolinablueeyes

I'm having extensive dental work done because I'm grindign my teeth and clinchign down so hard due to the tension, etc. My dentist says there is no coorelation of the conditions, but my Meniere's Diesease does interfere with my dental treatments (getting in the chair and lying back, always not fun!...then the attack afterwards due to the drill and squeely pitch sound Sad ....hope this helps).

12/15/2010 03:49 PM
karatemom

Thanks!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved