MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/20/2011 10:35 PM

Nausea and pot

Plo83
Plo83  
Group Leader

So I was in the ER for a few days recently because I had been vomiting for days and not eating/drinking. The dr. asked me if I smoked more than 5 grams for years. I told him now because it's the truth. I asked him why? He told me that they just found this new disease in people who smoke more than 5 grams per day for years and years. Does anyone have any info on that? I'm Googling but not having much luck. I think if it does exist, it's something we need to be aware of. I'm not advocating against pot in any way. I'm advocating for safe usage. Personally I never come close to 5 grams per day. Do any of you guys?

03/05/2012 05:22 PM
starkeeper

I never do. I go through 2 grams of wax a month. Use a waterpipe for less then a gram more. That is about 3 grams a month a lot less then 5 grams a day. I'm not sure how anyone could afford that much.

05/05/2012 08:57 AM
mem3508

5 grams a day is a lot. I medicate three to four times a day every day and I use maybe 5 grams in a week or more. I'd like to see this study too but then again I'd like to find Atlantis and catch a Unicorn for my daughter.

05/06/2012 08:39 AM
Plo83
Plo83  
Group Leader

Ya I don't think I've ever used that much medication. I am allowed 5 grams per day but I only want to medicate enough for most of the pain to go away. I like to keep my mind. Unless the pain is super bad...then screw it! I'll medicate till I feel like I'm on a cloud of bubbles! I rarely ever do that but there have been times when all my ills and aches act up together and I just want to die. Those times, I find a stupidly funny movie and medicate myself silly. Even considering those rare rare times, I am far from using that much. I was curious who funded this study. If it was a pharma industry, I wouldn't be shocked. I never found much info on it. All that I can say is MM saved my life and the life of many others I know.

05/23/2012 08:07 PM
mem3508

The only pharma studies are done by companies like GW Pharma http://www.gwpharm.com/ that i know of.

05/28/2012 01:25 PM
Plo83
Plo83  
Group Leader

I am glad that studies are done but I think they make Sativex which is then sold for 400-600$ a bottle. It's not covered by most insurances. Reading the front page...Helping people or helping themselves to sick peoples money? Food for thought I guess.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved