MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/03/2010 06:13 PM

I finallyfound this forum and need some info

bern1961
bern1961  

I am in chronic pain and most pain meds have no effect on the pain. I have narcotics collecting dust. I have fibro, psoriatic arthritis and am sitting on my hand holding myself up pecking at the keyboard.

My only med for pain that works is to distract myself, whether thinking and making up "movies" in my head or what I'm reduced to now, watering the garden. It doesn't stop the pain however I forget about it if only a few minutes. I'll take it.

I know some older men in Maryland who use MM for their chronic pain and like me, they say it helps their mind wander, not necessarily stop it. It's illegal in my state but I don't give a damn if it helps pain, even distracting would help. Any words of wisdom?

05/04/2010 10:03 AM
blueshel
blueshel  

I use it for that exact reason! It does help some with a few of my symptoms, like toning down the sunburn feeling on my skin, but it also provides great distraction. This distraction is what allows me to get past the pain and get things done, like washing walls and stuff!

Smile

05/06/2010 07:19 PM
bern1961
bern1961  

I appreciate the reply and thanks for sharing, it makes perfect sense to me.

05/08/2010 07:31 AM
KeeperOfTheCheerios
KeeperOfTheCheerios  

Maybe ask your doc about giving you an RX for Marinol. I've tried it and it helps the pain aspect but you don't get the "high" here is an article that may help. http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6635

Besides, what you choose to do to help yourself is YOUR decision. There are also things you can do to stay on the "legal" side of the law.

I live in FL. Medical Marijuana isn't legal here, but FL doesn't prosecute MM patients.

05/16/2010 05:21 AM
sickofibro
sickofibro  

I too live in a state where its illegal but have now made the decision to move to a friendly state. And I got to where I didn't give a damn either.. I do what I need to do to control the pain raging in my body.

Cannabis has helped me rid pain time and time again. (and we are talking crappy stuff too) it doesn't kill the pain it makes it tolerable. I have tried good Medication and let me tell you... IT STOPS THE PAIN.

My suggestion is listen to yourself and you alone can make the decision to medicate illegally.. Marinol could give you the advantage of being able to medicate (on your own) as it will fail a piss test.. BUT Marinol is VERY EXPENSIVE to say the least and to get a doctor to write a script on pain may be hard to do.. If your comfortable talk with your doctor if they understand and are willing to look the other way then do what you need to do. After all its your skin that is on the line and no one elses. Learn your state laws on Cannabis and write your legislators daily if you have to.

My decision came after I just couldn't take it any more.

05/16/2010 01:34 PM
bern1961
bern1961  

I appreciate the support Sickoffobro and Keeper. Sorry it's been a while since I wrote back, I have been thinking about this subject and will try this method of controlling pain. Thanks, Bern

05/23/2010 07:10 AM
sickofibro
sickofibro  

Your welcome. I do suggest learning state laws that way.. If it happens then atleast you will know what your facing..

Only you can make that decision. I can tell you a friend of mine makes butter and puts that in her food. She feels much better doing it that way as she says.. its concealed better.. I do have her recipe if you need it.. I also have other recipes I should get posted on here..

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved