MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/27/2009 01:49 AM

Marijuana addiction....(page 2)

FeeZ
FeeZ  

my last post hahaha was to edisonman i forgot to put your name sorry, see i'm going through a confused state at the moment hahaha nights are the hardest for me.....take it easy again

05/27/2009 07:35 AM
edisonman
edisonmanPosts: 12

Just wanted to thank Max for giving much needed encouragement to all of us "pot heads"....dittos to Feez! Today is day 3 for me, and honestly, I feel pretty good about where my head is with this right now....Oddly, I find that for me it is better to have some smoke around, not so much that I want to smoke it, but rather I feel stronger knowing that it is here, but I "choose" not to. It gives me a sence of power over it...This may be a bad strategy, but we all have our own individual ways of dealing with temtation..

I would like to hear from some long time stoners that have turned the corner on this (6 months) and how life has improved for them....thanks again

05/27/2009 08:34 AM
maxeyb
maxeyb  

edisonman, I am here and want to help encourage you to continue on your journey to kick this habit if smoking pot. I am kind of like you in that I still have a weed in the freezer. I dont expect at this point in my recovery I will turn to pot to solve a lot of my personal problems and insecurities but I to like the feeling of knowing it is there, I did the same thing when I gave up my extremely long habit of smoking cigarettes.

You are indeed stronger and each passing day you become you not the person you became when pot came into your life.

It has been since Aug 2008 since I gave up weed and I would be telling you a lie if I didnt say it would give me joy and pleasure to smole a couple of bowls but I am an addictive person and one bowl would mean that all my had work up to this point would be for nothing.

Hang in there my friend and you to will grow into the real you.

max

05/27/2009 09:04 AM
FeeZ
FeeZ  

Unsure i wish i was like you guy's, i couldn't help myself, i have to not have it at home otherwise i'd be too tempted specially day 3 because that's the day i would normaly cave well if i made it to day 3 i never really made it past day 2, but good for you guy's for being that strong, i wish i was, i'm just better of not having temptation in my way, but as it goes, everyone has there own way of dealing with this things in life. KEEP STRONG Tongue Silly Smile

05/27/2009 12:48 PM
GoofyFrankie
GoofyFrankiePosts: 51

hello all. Today is day 17 for me. At first I thought THIS is going to be hard.. on day 4 I was in an accident on the highway. And I could have lost my life, but I didn't.. just my ego and a broken collarbone. I didn't call my dealer.. I didnt get weed.. I decided to just continue on as I was doing. As the days continued, I felt pain, that not even tylonel 3's could cure.. I knew what could.. pot is wicked for pain.. but even then decided NO.. i want my ambition back.. I want to be ME again. and Not come home from work and smoke over 10 joints till I go to bed. Even now that I remember why I was smoking (sleeping is hell.. bad dreams or weird dreams everynight) I still say screw it. I don't have any in the house, Im not that strong. So to all of you quitting and still have some around.. WOW is all I have to say. I couldn't do it. You will see as time goes by.. how much easier it can get.. and only because out brains start to think more.. and slowly we start to think about us and what we really want. I've always used to write or read or draw or paint.. and the more I smoked the less I did.. to the point where I couldn't even read a page of a book anymore.. which broke my heart. And now that I haven't been smoking.. I actually want to take some writing course come the fall.. and get things in gear. To all of you quitting.. it CAN be done. With our support and your own will.. it can be done. Remember.. weed really isn't addictive.. it's what we use it for that is. I used it for my moods.. for bad days.. for boring days.. for almost everything.. food even tasted better. But no more.. I want me back.. I want my imagination.. my brain. Laughing *hugs to all of you*

Post edited by: GoofyFrankie, at: 05/27/2009 12:49 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved