MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/06/2008 04:00 PM

Time to stop

dub

I can't believe I let it go on this long, I'm now 27.

My wife left me 4 months ago. I've been so emotionally unattached to her.

She deserves so much more.

She said she fell out of love with me over a year and a half ago.

I'm still smoking in dealing with her leaving. I want to stop and need help.

07/06/2008 05:14 PM
mommyofsixFriend2U
mommyofsixFriend2U  
I'm an Advocate

Hi, welcome to the group. I'm so sorry that your wife left you. I know how hard that can be to deal with. I've been there. My boyfriend left me when I went into treatment for gambling. It was the only way he knew how to deal with my addiction.

Ive also been in the other side of addiction. I stayed with someone that was an alcoholic and drug addict. I put up with alot of things. When I was physically abused is when I had enough and had to take care of my family.

How long have you smoked pot? My current boyfriend smoked it for many years. He stopped when we had our son. He has been clean for 4 years.

If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

07/06/2008 07:08 PM
dub

I've been smoking since I was 17 so ten years. Off and on. The last several years it has become a major problem. Job instabilty and relationship wise with my wife. I was hiding it from her and she would find out. This cycle continued and then she left. She is a strong woman I know she did the right thing. The shame is hard to deal with. I think that's why I smoke pot.

07/06/2008 07:30 PM
mommyofsixFriend2U
mommyofsixFriend2U  
I'm an Advocate

Hi, It sounds as if ou really need to deal with your feelings about all of this. You are not a bad person for smoking pot or hiding it from your wife. Those are just poor decisions you made. Shame is about who ou are. Guilt is about things youve done. You did some inappropriate things, and because you care, you feel guilty about them. I hope that you can work through those feelings. It will keep you down in the painful depths of addiction.

I have been addicted to almost everything.....alcohol, gambling, food, and drugs. You name it, I'll find away to become addicted to it.Ermm Ermm I know that dealing with the feelings of guilt and shame were the most difficult. I didn't have troubles forgiving most everyone else....except myself. I have been in recovery for 10 years now. It saved my life.

Have you ever thought of going into treatment or counseling? I have been told there are Marijuana anonymous meetings. You may want to try one.

I hope that you are having a good night. Smile

07/06/2008 07:57 PM
dub

thanks

07/06/2008 08:16 PM
mommyofsixFriend2U
mommyofsixFriend2U  
I'm an Advocate

Any time!!! Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved