MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/26/2012 06:11 PM

how can i get thru the first days

bolanchild
bolanchildPosts: 10

i really need to quit and i guess i want to, but i cant get thru more than 2 or 3 days and i buy again i just spent most of the weekend alone and high, and i am about to start the same routine again, no smoke mon, tues, but by wed or thurs its like i am on autopilot and i just get the money out of the atm, and go buy..any thoughts...i started working out last june, that didnt help with the desire to smoke, althought i still do work out 4 times a week...i have no family here and have cut myself off from people i used to hang with because they dont smoke

02/27/2012 07:31 AM
takilra
takilra  

Its hard, i won't lie,and it is keeping busy that is the hard part. I too broke from some friends so i wouldn't be tempted. Maybe spend the $$$ before the urge hits. Go to a movie,out to dinner or save it for a trip.

02/27/2012 03:42 PM
bolanchild

thank you for taking time to respond.....its monday and i feel good, i will take this one day at a time. there is alot of change happening in my life and i want to have a clear mind..i need stength

02/27/2012 05:39 PM
takilra
takilra  

if you ever need to talk,vent, cry..i am here for ya

03/12/2012 04:55 PM
bolanchild

wow, i really cant stop, i never thought i would see the day i got addicted to weed, it always seemed just fun and i never felt before that i could not stop

03/15/2012 08:30 AM
zaylia
zaylia  

quitting is very hard. i wound up smoking for about 5 ddays after 7 weeks with none. i then planned on buying more, but i bought a game id wanted lol. but no extra money now! and i really dont want to smoke again. i like my personality without it more. its pretty much an easier life without the pot now. i think its just habit and wnating the initial high feeling. i have always liked the first bit after smoking, not the rest so much. i know for me i am not just having fun but trying to escape. but i feel good again about not smoking, and dont think i will again. addiction is so tricky though. good luck to you and anyone else who sees this! also, i almost feel like when i dont smoke, and have a good time, i hear "here comes the sun" in my mind. i LOVE the happiness i feel without pot, when it happens. just a wonderful experience

Post edited by: zaylia, at: 03/15/2012 08:32 AM

03/18/2012 08:27 AM
Heatherism

In the past yr I "quit" at least a dozen times. But now I am glad to say that I have been smoke free for 3 mths! I am super proud of myself. Before I quit this time I wrote down a huge list of things to do that I had been putting off, needless to say my house was immaculate lol. Also I went to the library and got some interesting reads, stayed away from my smoker friends, found an online support group and met up with old friends that didn't smoke. The key is to keep you mind busy so you don't obsess. Good luck!

03/18/2012 11:06 AM
takilra
takilra  

woot woot!! way to go|!!!!!!!!!!!

03/24/2012 02:22 PM
MaxPower90
MaxPower90  

You are taking the right steps by being here, exercising, acknowledging your problem, and avoiding it and those who use it. I would also recommend journaling (preferably hand written), throwing out your paraphernalia if you already haven't, and learning about the withdrawal itself and some of the symptoms you'll exhibit. There is an excellent article posted here underneath the article tab that can help you and just keep in mind that being conscious of the process and it's steps will help significantly more.

04/01/2012 08:24 AM
bolanchild

here i go....havent smoked yet today and to date i have not been able....willing....to put 2 days together being smoke free..none of my "friends" smoke, so i isolate myself so i can do it. i want so much to move back to my hometown in upstste NY to be near family and true friends...im going to go to the gym and try and spend time talking to family on the phone today, on tues it will be 2 yrs since my dad passed and my mom could use my support...today i am going to put someone else's needs above my own i do not want to smoke today

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved