MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2012 09:12 AM

one more time

zaylia
zaylia  

i have been trying to sign a contract with myself to never smoke again... when i go to do it i just wind up thinking well i should smoke one more time before i sign. i dont want to lie to myself. but if i smoke one more time depending on the experience it could turn into more times. i like that more of my personality is coming back. but i am freaked out by how much of a habit smoking has been. i just now signed and tossed that stuff.. dont feel better though kinda worse. well didnt think i would do that though so thats cool.. nice that i felt a "duh" moment with myself while typing haha. i spent so much time being stoned or thinking about it that ive lost bits of myself. no wonder i feel like i have to smoke. i conditioned myself to think and feel that way. now to condition myself to not smoking. feeling better! have a good one people!

02/01/2012 07:18 PM
takilra
takilra  

what a great idea!!!!!

02/02/2012 11:40 AM
MaxPower90
MaxPower90  

I'd just like to say that for myself and other addicts I've known, it's alot easier to think of short term goals. i.e. Instead of saying "i'll never smoke weed again" say "I'll wait till tomorrow to get high" and then just keep putting it off. See by saying that you'll never do it again puts a lot of pressure on you and it could increase your chances of relapse, but thinking in the short term and just delaying it makes things a lot easier because it's not as big of a task. Take things one day at a time everyone.

02/02/2012 12:59 PM
zaylia
zaylia  

I agree one day at a time usually works for people, seen it many times. Short term goals just don't sit well in my brain. Definitely not with weed. I have more stress with short term goals.

I am actually doing better than ever with how I feel and think etc with weed. I finally said no, never again. And my world feels completely different. Feels bigger and brighter as funny as that sounds. Don't even feel torn with my stoner friends. I hope we can hang out sometime. But I look forward to making friends with a higher quality of life. Havnt felt so "free" since I was surrounded in nature. Smile

Post edited by: zaylia, at: 02/02/2012 01:13 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved