MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/12/2011 11:11 AM

Lymphedema and the Dating scene

Peacho

Hello! I'm new to this support group and all support groups. My name is Christy, I'm a 25yr old female who has had secondary Lymphedema in my right leg for over 10 years. As far as grading, my lymphedema would be mild. But in my own mind, its not and I'm sure many of you feel the same. It's a big deal psychologically. I was with someone for 5 years who supported my emotional and medical issue but we didn't make it for other reasons. I have been single for over 2 years and I'm scared to meet someone and have to explain my disease. Why my one ankle and foot is larger than the other, or why I don't wear shorts or dresses. No one understands, they just say O that isn't a big deal, or no one notices ankles and feet. Any tips on dating, would I tell the right up front or just hide it for a while? Even thought I have this feeling inside that someone won't accept my disease, I can't let this hold me back from possibly meeting someone. Sad

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved