MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/10/2012 03:52 PM

Wanting to get pregnant

lilbuddy

I know this may sound absurd but my husband and I want to get pregnant.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it a bad idea? I know I feel horrible a lot of the time and am wondering if this could be a terrible thing to do.

I have a doctor appointment coming up and plan to ask her what she thinks and what options we have. Though I figured you guys would have some insights as well.

Thanks!

03/11/2012 08:09 AM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

I have 2 daughters that have delivered while having lyme and co-infections.

Older daughter had a normal pregnancy but after delivery they found she had Babesia as well.

She went spiralling down after the birth. She wanted to have another but her LLMD said no.

Her baby was tested and found positive for Lyme and Babs. She was not treated during the pregnancy

My other daughter although she wasnt really good about her meds did take them during pregnancy.

I had the baby's cord blood tested and he is negative. She has Lyme and Bartonella. Her doctors wanted her to live with us because of post partum and bartonella . She did better physically.

03/11/2012 08:31 AM
lilbuddy

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am just having so much trouble ethicly trying to figure this out.

I am very scared to give life to a little person and at the same time ruin it.

I guess there is no 100% way of knowing what will happen though we have been given brains for a good reason. To make educated choices.

03/13/2012 01:15 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I have 4 girls - all while having active Lyme...

My oldest and youngest were the hardest for me...but I was on abx throughout the pregnancies...

My twins...I was in a good place...and was doing better...I had a cleaner diet...and did very well...also stayed on abx during that pregnancy too...

I believe that if you take control of your health..better diet, a good whole food fruit and veggie supplement...along with others that help support your body...especially your endocrine, digestive, and immune systems...that you can have a very good pregnancy...

Will it be a guarantee that you won't pass the illness....NO there is no guarantee...

With my oldest, we tested the placenta...and she was negative for Lyme...but as time has passed she has showed very obvious symptoms of Bartonella...which I have finally started treating her naturally for...

My twins...I believe I may have passed via breast milk...as I was only treating for 1 year after they were born before I ran out of $$$...and they breast fed for nearly 2 years...

My youngest...I think she sparked a major relapse before I knew that I was pregnant and before I got on meds...so I would not be surprised if I did pass it to her...

But in general, my kids are healthy...I did not vaccinate them until they were over the age of 1...and only did the DTaP...they have been pretty resilient to illness...my oldest didn't get the flu for nearly 7 years...and then got swine flu - and beat it on her own within 48 hours...

My others have had some issues...but nothing that we could solidly say was Lyme or co-infection related...

They are also accustomed to eating healthier then most kids...which I believe that if you feed your body correctly...you can enable it to battle damn near anything...

Don't let this illness dictate what you want in life...

03/13/2012 04:03 PM
lilbuddy

Thank you so much for that!

I have realized that I have been being extremely hard on myself for even considering children.

But you are right, it means that the disease (or any disease for that matter) wins and I for sure don't want that.

At the same time I don't want to be so selfish that I set them up for faliure before they get a chance because I gave them the disease though giving them life.

Nothing is for certain but I can do everything in my power to be healthy and give them the best chance I can.

Thank you very much for telling me about your children.

03/14/2012 07:33 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I think the best thing that a person can do, is educate themselves...the more you know...the better off you are...

I knew all along there was a possibility of passing to the girls...

And as I took my treatment into my own hands...I learned A TON...and have no worries that I know what to do for them...should they show symptoms...

My oldest, who is 12, I had her placenta tested...no Lyme...but now that she is showing more signs of Bart...I have started her on a natural treatment...and she is doing quite well...her joints are bothering her a bit too....

But like I said, she has always had a very resilient immune system...

But when I had learned I was first pregnant with her...I was terrified....I was on TONS of meds...but we did well...although I was ENORMOUS with her...(and my youngest too)...

With my twins...I was able to stay on all meds...including pain meds...which consisted of Morphine...120 mgs every 12 hours...

My point is...there is a lot of things that you can do to maintain your health and have a healthy pregnancy...

Dont sweat it...just work to find the path that works best for you...and you will be able to do as you wish...

And we are here to help you through it too!

Christine

03/14/2012 07:43 PM
lilbuddy

Thank you Christine, Your words are such a comfort.

I started an inspiration board today and that helps so much to see it in front of me. You are correct in that the more you know the better off you are.

I am very much looking forward to our upcoming doctor apt. to see how we will/can proceed.

This site/group has honestly been a god-sent for me. I am very grateful.

Lizzy

03/15/2012 06:57 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Glad to be of help...

I know that there are some Lyme docs who don't always keep patients on abx...Even though I got mine in remission via natural abx and diet/nutritional changes...I do still strongly suggest staying on a low dose of abx while pregnant...

I was on Zithromax and Amoxicillan - and the best thing that I took...better then prenatals was a Whole Food Fruit & Veggie Supplement...

You can also take Maca - which is another whole food supplement...and it nourishes your endocrine system...I have even read that Maca is so rich in what a pregnant woman needs, that it can be supplemented for prenatals...of course talk to the doc about it...

I can help you get info on it all if you need...just let me know

Christine

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved